Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased my first Jackson after playing my friend's and being impressed with the neck feel. The only problem is that I'm not quite sure what it is... I have some ideas:

Model : Neck-Thru Kelly Pro (this is easy)
    Origin: Japan (All Pros are Japanese, right?)
    Year : 1995 (On Fretboard/Serial Number:J500316)

What confused me were a few models I bumped into online that had "Professional" on the headstock and were being sold as USA models. One was actually being sold as a "KE-1". I assume that this may be representative of the EBay/Etc. market thievery that worries so many internet J/Cers. Am I correct?

Thanks! Glad to be aboard!

Dave/BlackLeshii

Re: Greetings

I saw that one too. It was misrepresented. Probably unintentionally. All "Professional" models are imports.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yep, anything that says Professional is Japanese. It amazes me that some idiots price them more than USA models because they think it was made for the "professional" player.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

anyone remember that red Rhoads Pro on Ebay last year that the seller said was even better than the Ontario guitars because it was a one-off built by Gruhn Guitars in Nashville? Now that was a tale. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I missed the Gruhn one - wonder if it was made by Roman? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X