DiMarzio Routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiMarzio Routing

I want to buy a X2N and two Fasttrack 2 single coils, for my SL pro. The thing is that the Fastrack has a "lip" at the bottom side of the pickup. Is it possible to shape that lip with a dremel? Or do I have to re-route the pickup routing?

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: DiMarzio Routing

Codex,

A Dremel works fine. I actually do all my routing with a dremel - it may not be as fast as a router, but it works better because you will work a little slower, hence better detail.

Pete

Comment

I say definatley cut the pickup, not rout the body. But, be careful cutting the plastic on the pickup... using anything moderate to high-speed will melt the plastic where your cutting it and will make for a nasty looking cut.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I say definatley cut the pickup, not rout the body. But, be careful cutting the plastic on the pickup... using anything moderate to high-speed will melt the plastic where your cutting it and will make for a nasty looking cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

+100... just sand, cut or file the "lip" off, take care not to damage the leads, and your problem will be solved [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="orange"> Call Dimarzio,ask if their Custom Shop can make the Fast Tracks with the wires off the bottom &amp; no tang,iirc Duncan will do this!!</font>

Comment

Thanks for the input guys [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I've send DiMarzio a mail, and they said the FS2 is also available without the so called "flange".
            Does anyone here have an opinion about the “Super Distortion S”? I can’t find a review for this pick. Can I add a EMG After Burner with a X2N FS2 and a SD s? And does that EMG-AB need a 9V battery?

Comment

Working...
            X