Why should i/shouldn't i buy a DXMG ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why should i/shouldn't i buy a DXMG ?

Any problems or good things that this guitar had given you.....please tell me.
    How does the JT580 work ?
    Any problems with fret buzz or tuning ?

Thanks

Re: Why should i/shouldn\'t i buy a DXMG ?

I thoroughly dig my DXMG. The stock pickups weren't that bad to me...but I did swap them for an 81/85 set...probably put a 60 in to replace the 85...I did that for personal preference. The 580 isn't bad; I've had no real problems with it, but then again, I don't do much crazy trem work, and I don't have any fret buzz or tuning problems. I make sure the trem iss set up, tune it lock it and play it.
    I love the neck binding on it...the DXMG used to come in your choice of Black and Black, but I hear they are also available in gun metal grey now.
    It's a GREAT playing guitar for the money, IMHO. Your mileage may vary. Whatever you get though, make sure it's a Jackson and play the hell out of it!

Comment

I can't think of any reason to avoid the DXMG, would all come down to personal preferences. It's a good guitar, nice features, typical quality japanese import.

Your sig... dream theater I think.

Comment

His signature is from Dream Theater's album Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory.. the song is Fatal Tragedy. My favorite DT album. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Back to the guitar..

Those play real good.. at least what I've played was good. I actually like the stock pickups.. they're way better than the Duncan Designed to my ears. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The trem should give you no trouble at all... I do a lot of crazy bar work and the JT580s on my 2 import Jacksons never go out of tune.

Comment

Yeah, my sig it's Dream Theatre [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Thanks for the advice. The thing is that i live in Europe and i'll have to buy the guitar without actually playing it, so it's kind of risky, that's why i want to be sure that this model is a very good one, with very few exeptions.

Rock on !

Comment

I'm getting a DXMG as a gigging backup to my SL2H

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm getting one very soon. I have played a few at Guitar Center in San Diego and Tucson as well as a few at Grandma's Music and another guitar shop in Albuquerque. I figure if everyone I played with in three different states is of great quality and sound amazing as is, they all pretty much will be good. The only things I saw that were defects in anyway were that the volume and tone knobs are loose. Thats easy to fix at home. I love the JT580. I may or may not get flamed for this, but I like it better than the Floyds I've had. I can pick up my DK2 by the trem bar and hold the neck and whammy my arse off. If the EMG HZ pickups sound good through my setup at home I will keep them. Knowing me I will have a bunch of mixed emotions about them and swap out for EMG 81/85's. I say buy it. They are making them in gunmetal grey now. They are on the website. Jackson/Charvel is the only shredders I will play. My fenders play the blues.

Comment

I like my DXMG very much. The trem I'm not to crazy about (it is the JT500). I purchased mine the first year they had them in production. So it was made in India, now they are made in Japan, and from what I have seen there is a little improvement (JT580). I just recently have gotten some fret buzz, but it just needs a neck adjustment (fricken Minnesota weather changes [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ). The EMGHZs are nice. I think they are better than the Duncan Designed. Eventually though some active EMGs will go in to it. Overall it is a kickass guitar. I wouldn't mind getting another one in Gun Metal Gray or EDS.
                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Mine is japanese, and it kicks ass! Been playin' her on stage and i really dig the neck/feel package of the guitar. FYI, her competition is tough: RR1, KE3 and DK2, and she holds on with the others pretty well.

Overall, this guitar rocks! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
                  X