Made in India Jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made in India Jacksons?

Are any Jackson models still manufactured in the Harmony Musical Instruments factory?

One another question...does anybody have any info on the pickups used in the low end stuff...Eg: The Jackson JE 10 humbucker...who makes them?

Re: Made in India Jacksons?

None are made in India anymore. They are all safely back in Japan.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

thank God hey ? those Bloody things sucked ! //Steve

Comment

Was the production of the JS1/DX1 and JS20 moved to Japan? I thought they were still made in India.

Comment

I played a new JS10 that was made in India. A horrid little beast i tell ya, headstock was really big and mis-shaped, the neck was rough and had nasty looking knots in the wood, and the action was sky high.

Comment

I think the js series are still made in India...the factory was featured on CNBC a couple of days ago, and some guy was going on and on about how stringent their QC was because 'rockers' are a very demanding community.

Bloody BS, I say!

What about the pickups? The factory has been telling people they are Kent Armstrong, but aren't labelled as such because of 'cost restrictions'. True??

Comment

Indian Jacksons =

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                Indian Jacksons =

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nice Graemlin Ron!

I like one thing about India Jacksons -
                they make my Taiwan-made JDR Pro Reverse
                look REALLY good!! It's actually very nice anyway, about the same as my DK-2
                except reverse headstock and fins, non recessed trem route and no binding. I still love it even though it's a cheapie!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kunal:
                  What about the pickups? The factory has been telling people they are Kent Armstrong, but aren't labelled as such because of 'cost restrictions'. True??
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Could be. My old, cheap Kramer 600ST has non-logoed pups, and I think I remember hearing that they were rumored to be Armstrong.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Would I be right in saying that the Indian DX10D has a JT500, and the Japanese DX10D has a JT580?

Comment

That is correct, Falconer.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Aw. I can only get a hold of the Indian DX10D. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I guess I'll wait a little longer.

Comment

I had a Kelly JK-20 Pro made in india and it was junk. Trem was horrible and controls were even worse. The only thing good on that guitar was the body and the pickups(suprisingly Kent Armstrongs).

Other than that the neck was ****ed, trem got completely stripped in no time at all, etc....

Comment

once my india dx10d was set up correctly it rocks

Comment

kent Armstrong

Originally posted by ranalli View Post
                              I had a Kelly JK-20 Pro made in india and it was junk. Trem was horrible and controls were even worse. The only thing good on that guitar was the body and the pickups(suprisingly Kent Armstrongs).

Other than that the neck was ****ed, trem got completely stripped in no time at all, etc....
                              How can you tell they are Kent Armstrongs? I recently grabbed one of these for 100 bucks, trying see how i can udgrade it

Comment

Working...
                              X