Neck Through Phil Collen Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Through Phil Collen Pro

Guys, in all my years of C/J collecting, I have never seen a Phil Collen neck through until today! For the first time ever I managed to snag one after years of hunting. These were not common and only were available for two years. Mine is metallic black version from 1991. It has a HUGE arched top, and I mean HUGE! The neck joint is similar to the Warrior's but a little different. Slanted single at neck and regular humbucker at bridge, Schaller trem, ebony board, neck and headstock binding, it kicks serious sonic butt! Enough raving, here's the pics boyz:

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Re: Neck Through Phil Collen Pro

Cool looking axe Joe!

Gotta be light with that kind of shape right? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

What pickups came with her?

Enjoy dude. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

The original pickups were a Jackson J-100 single coil and a Jackson J-90C humbucker. It's about as heavy as a Soloist or Warrior of the era. Ultra comfortable and truly a luxorious guitar!

Comment

Nice score dude. How's the neck on it, similar to a soloist i imagine? That's definitively a keeper [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

DAMN! You get that from Brooks or did it come in under his tractor beam? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I posted a while back that I was looking for one (hey, it worked for the Warrior and Kip Winger bass [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

These were shown in the 1990 catalog I got with my Warbird - available finishes were Metallic Black, Pearl White, & Radiant Red Pearl

Email me - I HAVE to know the details [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc

[ April 14, 2003, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Newc ]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I got it from the bat cave, Newc! (I'll email you with my little secret as to where it came from) Yes, it was only available in metallic black, snow white pearl, or radiant red pearl in the Professional series. In the 1994-5 catalog there was a USA version issued under the "player's choice series." All other USA made PC neck throughs were custom shop only, as there wasn't a production model. Brooks Burton is the expert on this model, and even has a few signed by Phil plus a huge history on his website. Most of the Pros are black, some are white, and a tiny number are red, from what I've been told. Specs:

neck through body with similar neck profile to any early 90's Pro neck through, 24 jumbo frets, ebony board, bound neck/headstock, mother of pearl sharkfin/logo inlays, "slanted" fingerboard reversed to the Warrior and no 24th fret option on the low E string due to the slant, poplar body sides, maple neck, unique neck joint similar to the Warrior's, single coil slanted for neck position and normal humbucker for bridge, master volume, three way toggle, JT-590 Schaller, HUGE arch top, and Phil's signature (copy) on the truss rod cover. Made in 1990 and 1991 in Japan.

Comment

Wow! I never liked that shape until now! With that finish it looks stunning! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If you notice in the 90/91 catalog there's a pic of Phil holding a white USA, and the lower "horn/nub" is a LOT smaller than the Pro model. His also has a black Kahler studmounted trem like was on Brooks' sparkly proto, not the flatmount.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

An acquaintance of mine is a well-known guitar journalist,collector and all-round "Guru". I'm sure that at one time he had one of these in Pearl Pink!
                  I'll get in touch with him soon,and see if I can find out.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...1563&category=

Hmmm. Looks exactly like this one. I hope you aint one of those guys who *****es about back door deals............

Comment

Never complained ever about any deal EVER. Probably cause I get all the good ones you little PHUCKER! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">....phil COLLINS, eh? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Heh...busted! So much for the "bat-cave" theory, huh? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Nice guitar, Joe! I've only played one in my life - wish I would have bought it. It was a white one at Guitar Center about 8 years ago...

Comment

Wait, why am I "busted?" Huh? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I think he was meaning that as a joke, Joe [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                              Hell, I don't care if ya got it front door, back door, side door, alleyway, or if it fell outta the sky - congrats [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X