Question on removing the fretboard from a neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on removing the fretboard from a neck

I understand that the fretboard wood froma neck can be removed and substituted. My question is: Can this be done only on necks with rosewood or ebony fingerboards? Can you replaced the maple fingerboard of a maple neck with a new maple fingerboard?

Re: Question on removing the fretboard from a neck

I'd guess you could, assuming that the fretboard is a seperate piece of wood.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

In either case, how would you remove it? Heat it off to melt the glue (what if it is epoxy)?

Comment

some forum poster here had it done by their wife [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

He should pop up soon about it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I think it was Budman. I think it was titled "My wife, the luthier" or something like that.

Comment

there is also a great step by step on www.projectguitar.com i think; he actually switches the fretboards on two necks.

chris

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                there is also a great step by step on www.projectguitar.com i think; he actually switches the fretboards on two necks.

chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....interesting how he puts a 24 fret board on a 22 fret neck. Wonder how that worked out?? Or was the 24 fret board a short scale (24 3/4)? Ya gotta love somebody that does fretboard swaps on their stove top!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                X