Dumb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb question

Call me an idiot for asking this but..........
    How long has the DK27 been offered?........I thought that the only bolt on dinky stringthru was the DKMGT?? The DK27 is a seriously cool guitar as I don't like reverse headstocks and I want a string thru.......now if only I could get it in Blue and Orange Flames like the DK2 [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...tno=DK27_Dinky
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Re: Dumb question

Yeah I'd rather have a baritone like the DK-27 than a 7-string as well [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Can't say when it came out - probably 2001.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The DK27 came out in 2002. Jackson finally decided to jump on the low-tuning craze and put out this nice baritone guitar with 27" scale. It even comes strung up with 13s (13, 17, 26, 36, 46, 56). I actually thought of getting one, but I got an Ibanez 7-string instead and find the neck easy to get used to and not that wide.

[ April 06, 2003, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think they're still in production.
        They are in the 2003 list price, and the dealer here in Santiago told me they ordered some and will be arriving in three or four more weeks.

[ April 06, 2003, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: kuerbo ]
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

The only dumb question is the one not asked.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ok wana here how dumb some fender dealers who carry Jacksons are , we got one of those dk27 in town here and the fender guy was trying to tune the thing up to E ! lol !!!!!!!!!!!! I just laughed at the guy and when I tryed it I tuned her back down , ****ing moron is gonna rip the fretboard off it or something for crying out loud ! but other than that I played pretty good looked nice as well ! //Steve

Comment

Hey, that would be cool to have I think. I wouldn't mind having a baritone, I had no idea that Jackson made one up til now.

Comment

OK, going back to stupid questions... (but it's not stupid since I'm asking)

How low is the dk27 tuned? What is the significance of a 27" scale for baritones as opposed to a 25.5" scale?

I've been considering dropping one of my dinky reverses to D and possibly D-flat.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek:
                  .......I thought that the only bolt on dinky stringthru was the DKMGT??
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You've also got the DX6. =)

'bane

Comment

There was also a DR6 and Dinky HX that are both string-thru imports (both discontinued, I own two HX models). The DR6 has 22 frets, though, like the DX6.

[ April 11, 2003, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                      OK, going back to stupid questions... (but it's not stupid since I'm asking)

How low is the dk27 tuned? What is the significance of a 27" scale for baritones as opposed to a 25.5" scale?

I've been considering dropping one of my dinky reverses to D and possibly D-flat.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The significance of a baritone is for people who like tuning lower without having the strings flopping around too much (or people who don't want to be bothered with 7-strings). The longer scale length helps keep the strings stiffer. I believe baritones are usually tuned to B, but I could be wrong. Also, when tuning lower, the intonation is thrown off a little and sometimes the saddles don't move back far enough to get it completely right.
                      If you're only tuning to D or Db, you'll be fine with 10-46, or you could go up to 11s for a little more tension to something like 11-48, but that's all a matter of preference.

Comment

Tanks...

I normally play with .0095s with both E and E flat tunings, but I do have a few sets of .010s around to go lower.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

No problem. Also, if it's a Floyded guitar, you may want to have 4 or 5 springs in it to help keep the tension higher, but that's also a matter of preference. Experiment to see what works best for you.

Comment

i have a baritone (not a jackson, but a danelectro...hey! stop laughin at me!) and it's tuned b to b. you can come up with some really cool sounds with them once you get past the whole "playing the sound of satan's colon" phase.

sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, I don't know what's funnier, "playing the sound of satan's colon" or the fact that you're playing a Danelectro! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X