Question about refinishing a flamed maple guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about refinishing a flamed maple guitar

I will start off by saying I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I am looking to get a flamed maple guitar finished in a sort of trans-purple burst like the finish on this guitar....

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar...odel=AEF30ETVS

I am thinking warmoth could do it. I am wondering if you have to have a flamed maple guitar to get the authentic flamed maple look, or if you could simply get a graphic painted on that looked like a flame maple. I realize this may not make a lot of sense, but any advice would be appreciated greatly...

P.S. If this is indeed the incorrect place to post this, feel free to move it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: Question about refinishing a flamed maple guitar

If you want to try laying the flame maple yourself, go to E-Bay and look under veneer and luthier stuff. The wood is there. Nevermind. I misread the post. Sorry
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

GMW is always worth checking out. They have prices listed on their website - www.gmwguitars.com - although you will need to get the entire guitar refinished, not just a veneer added on top.
      sigpic

Comment

I think Sully's guitar was similar to that...maybe you can PM him and see if he has the time.

Comment

is this a guitar that you already have? if so, warmoth won't do it. you may want to get in touch with paul at bighead guitars; some of the guys here have used him and are very happy with his work. gmw, of course, is another option. if you want to DIY, there's plenty of places that can help get you started; reranch.com is a good place to start.

as far as a flame maple graphic, i think that it would be more expensive for less of a result to try to have that done.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
          X