So I bought a Seymour Duncan EVH ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I bought a Seymour Duncan EVH ...

I bought this pickup from an Ex-JCF member and a current CC member.

Basically, while it looks exactly like a logoless SD from the top, and matches photos of other SD EVH's I've seen, it does not have the Seymour Duncan embossed logo on the back of the pickup.

In fact, it has no identifiable marking at all aside from someone having written EVH in a permanent pen on the back.

I checked a SD EVH on eBay and it had the logo on back and a sticker to match.

Did I get fleeced, or is this acceptable from the SD custom shop. ?

Re: So I bought a Seymour Duncan EVH ...

Doesn't sound promising, you may have got a hold of a fake.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I can't say for sure, but it doesn't look good. Check it with a meter. It should read somewhere in the high 8k to low 9k range. But, without any distinguishing markings, I wouldn't get my hopes up that it was a real EVH.

Comment

I agree that it sounds fishy. Why wouldn't it have the SD logo on the back?

Comment

I wanna know who the board member is. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ex- board member JacksonShredder.

Comment

Is the pickup potted? If it is... is the writing under the wax? How many wires? It would be worth it to send it to Seymour Duncan for verification. Doesn't sound too good though. You might have got hosed.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                ex- board member JacksonShredder.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Well, there you have it. He probably wrote the EVH on by himself.

Comment

That pickup was in the bridge position of the Joe Holmes Jackson Dinky he recently won off ebay. The stock pickups were included in the sale. Sid pulled this and put the stockers back in. The seller told him it was an EVH, and that's what he's going on.

Lets stop with the lynching, ok?

Comment

to take what chuck said one further, we do make it a policy to not speak of those who cannot reply.
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The EVH in my Bullseye had the engraved Seymour Duncan logo on the metal backplate, as well as a little sticker identifying it as a "78 model".

Not saying your's is fake. Just telling you what mine looked like.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        That pickup was in the bridge position of the Joe Holmes Jackson Dinky he recently won off ebay. The stock pickups were included in the sale. Sid pulled this and put the stockers back in. The seller told him it was an EVH, and that's what he's going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
                        to take what chuck said one further, we do make it a policy to not speak of those who cannot reply.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree on both these points. However, if I bought something and was told it an XXX and I received it and it was questionable, I would relay that to any prospective buyer when I sold it.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Wow, that sounds a little suspicious. I'm not saying anything about Jacksonshredder's reputation or credibility, but if I got a SD pickup that wasn't embossed, I'd be downright pissed. I've got a bunch of no-name pickups that I could write EVH on the bottom, and make a ton of cash.

Mmmm!
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Okay. You're just upset because I said it before you did this time. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I've had one seller pass off a non logo'd plate as an SD w/o the label on a P-90 saying it came out of a production guitar. (Universal guitars on eBay-out of FL)
                              Yes the specs were the same, the ohms as well.
                              They still misrepresented it. Likely was a 'duncan design'

I would ask Duncan what the specs are for the EVH pickup and see if it matches. Then I'd ask them if they ever made a non logo'd plate. Me thinks someone forgot to mention "just like" before they said it was an SD EVH pup. Do they make this pickup in a production model (like a Wolfgang or a EVH MM) with essentially the same specs without a logo'd plate?

Comment

Working...
                              X