Help I.D.'ing this guitar......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help I.D.'ing this guitar......

I wish Fender would get the lead out and get the MOAI pages back up and running [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] (No really... in case you Fender guys are actually reading any of this!!). I need some help to I.D. this guitar... the pickups are not original, Dinky body with reverse headstock, 24 fret w/offset dot inlays, obviously an import of some kind. There is no "Professional" script after the Jackson logo, so I'm assuming it's not Japanese. Also, what trem is that on this guitar.... Looks like a floyd, but it's not an OFR... I've checked out the "Tremolo Info Project" started by Jackson1 and didn't see it there..... Looks like a JT580 but the base plate wraps completely around the trem post and the pic of the JT580 in the trem info thread doesn't do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] .......

Re: Help I.D.\'ing this guitar......

If I'm not mistaken, Thats a JS30 Dinky with the pickups switched out. They are the lower end of the guitars jackson produces. They run about $300 new.

Comment

Is that the $150 Buy it Now eBay guitar?
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

JS-30? They did offset inlays on those?
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Good eye, Joe.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'll post better pic's when it arrives.. I figured for that price, it's worth that in parts alone if nothing else.. Thanks again for the help on this one and if anyone has any other info they can add... by all means, please do..

Comment

The JS-30 came with a Floyd-type trem? I thought they all had v-trems?

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] !!

I figured for the price, I couldn't go wrong....

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Most definitely a great deal!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It appears to be a DX10, according to my 2000 catalog, that has those offset dots. The DX10D had sharkfins. It should also be a JT500 trem on there.

[ March 30, 2003, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                    The JS-30 came with a Floyd-type trem? I thought they all had v-trems?

Newc
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Newc, the JS20 had the V trem. The JS30 has the JT500, but it's only got 22 frets and regular dot inlays.

Comment

I', with Yoejam on this one. DX10.

$150 it's a very good deal! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
                      X