Having played my RR5 for a month...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having played my RR5 for a month...

Well, I've had my RR5 for a month now, and I absolutely love the thing. I had never played one before, but I ordered one from Matt at OnlineStageGear ($779.00 with case - damn!) anyway. Figured if I hated it, I could still hang it on the wall and look at it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Setup right out of the case was teriffic, and it is super comfortable to play (I always play standing up - guess if I sat, it might be a different story). I am really liking the Seymour Duncan pickups, too. I spoke to Matt a few days after I had it, and I asked him if the price jump to go to USA was worth it. He said "if you'd play a USA, you'd know that it is". Well, I don't know how it could be, but the USAs must really be something if that's the case!

I got the solid black model, so if you want to see a picture, just go to the RR5 section of the Jackson website and look at that one - that's a better picture than I could ever take. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I prefer string-through guitars to trem models, but I like to have at least one trem model kicking around when the urge hits. Since I love the RR5 so much, I thought I should get a Rhoads with a trem and then I could unload my Charvel Model 6. Well, I don't want to get the RR3, as I prefer neck-through guitars, so that pretty much leaves me with the RR1. Now, I would always play the RR5 more since I don't use a trem very often, but it sure wouldn't make sense to have a spendy USA model on the wall while I would predominantly play the cheaper "non-USA" RR5. So, that would mean that I should upgrade the RR5 to an RR1T to go with the RR1. I don't even want to try to explain that one to my wife...

Guess I'm just rambling, thanks if you've actually read this far. Long and short of it, the RR5 is an awesome axe. If you buy one, you'll love it.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Re: Having played my RR5 for a month...

Great dude! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Another happy Jackson import player!!! Congratz on the axe. I think the Rhoads models rulz, period. Never had the RR5 myself, but i had a chance to test one two weeks ago and i liked it a lot better than the RR3, you got a good deal too, it's a new guitar so guys, DON'T EVEN START TO COMPARE HER WITH USED USA MODELS, that's just isn't fair.

If you can get the money to buy a RR1 or RR1T do it bro, you're never gonna regret it.

Enjoy! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Kuerbo:

I just sent Matt and email asking him for a quote on an RR1. I am guessing that email is going to get me in trouble!

- E.

Comment

Cool!! I almost bought an RR5 last year, but decided on a Fender instead that I wanted for awhile (USA Double Fat hardtail). I think I'll get an RR5 eventually! I want to find one in transparent red! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

AlexL,

The missus' gonna get mad at you again... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Kuerbo:

You know it! Well, not so much mad as just confused as to why I would need yet another guitar. I once told her if I thought she would actually try to understand, I'd explain it to her! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

In reality, she's very patient with me, and we each have our own "fun" money that we can use for whatever we want, so it doesn't really matter to her. Still, I always brace myself when I tell her "I bought another guitar..."

- E.

Comment

I would just keep it [rr5] man if your wife has a problem with you buying the rr1 , cause if she don't like it man you'll never be comfortable playing it it'll always be over your head for a while and you'll get the your never happy with anything bit as well lol !!! and the difference from the rr5 to the rr1 is pretty slight no much but the trem and the binding and some of the hardware , you can set em up as nice as the rr1 as well no problems . and japan dudes do just as nice work if not better if they could as the usa guys as well .//Steve

Comment

Working...
              X