Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

neck warp - heavy to light scallop, high E to low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neck warp - heavy to light scallop, high E to low?

I'm looking at the Performer neck that I'm half way through scalloping (i've done frets 22 down to 10).

I did my first job on a beater guitar (peavey predator) and did well and like the performance results. It's set up with very high action so the scalloping makes the rhythm playing tricky, as my fingers sometimes fall over the string, w/o any board there to stop them! If I had a truss rod wrench, I'd fix this issue... anyway...

If all goes well with the Performer (after the job, I'm going to put it on the KV3) and I continue to like scalloping on low action necks, I might do my stock KV3 neck.

My question is this: If I scallop more on the 1st string side and minimal on the 6th string side, will the neck warp with this assymectrical lack of "reinforcement"? These necks are already thin, and I like DAddario's light top/heavy bottom strings (10 to 52 or 56...?)

I was interested in this variable scallop b/c of easier rhythm playing, and saving the sharkfins on my KV3 stock neck.

Thanks!
    www.WarCurse.com

Re: neck warp - heavy to light scallop, high E to low?

I checked out your website and listened to a few tunes. First of all, great work! I like your sound. Second of all, listening to your guitar style I can't understand why you want scalloped fretboards?? To each their own I guess.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Re: neck warp - heavy to light scallop, high E to low?

haha. i'm the drummer for Division. I should scallop drums.

i think i'm the king of retarded questions on this forum. i'll give the assym scallop a shot. I'll just keep it light all around, with emphasis on the treble side and barely a 16th on the bass side.
      www.WarCurse.com

Comment

Re: neck warp - heavy to light scallop, high E to

[ QUOTE ]
        I checked out your website and listened to a few tunes. First of all, great work! I like your sound. Second of all, listening to your guitar style I can't understand why you want scalloped fretboards?? To each their own I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guitar players don't - the drummer does, for some reason. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Hey....if you scallop drum heads would you be able to hit them lighter and still get the same sound??? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I cant see it warpin the neck..most of the neck rigidity comes from the neck itself, not the fingerboard.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
            X