No announcement yet.

What are my options...24.75 scale neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my options...24.75 scale neck?

I just purchased a 24-fret maple 24.75 scale neck off of a Charvel Fusion. Other than another Fusion body, what are my other Jackson/Charvel options? Would a 22-fret body, 25.5 scale work with this neck (intonate etc.)? Thanks!
    Good deals with:
    Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Re: What are my options...24.75 scale neck?

No it wouldn't. There is some controversy over whether a 22 fret 25.5 neck will work with a fusion body. Some say it will work if you fart around with it. But, it won't work the other way around for sure. Your only real options are for a Jackson or Charvel Fusion body, or a Charvette 270RR body if you can find one that is made of real wood, and not plywood.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Supposedly you can bolt a fusion neck to a 24 fret body and not really run into intonation problems as the nut is also moved closer to the bridge. I dont have first hand experience though, Don P can probably shed some light on this.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Supposedly you can bolt a fusion neck to a 24 fret body and not really run into intonation problems as the nut is also moved closer to the bridge. I dont have first hand experience though, Don P can probably shed some light on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know if this is true or not?
        Good deals with:
        Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

the Jackson fusions will work perfectly, I have both Jacksons and a Charvel, Every 25.5 body I have tried to see if a 24.75 neck would fit usually ends up about 3/8" off.
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
          X