jt 580 lp change ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jt 580 lp change ?

anyone notice that the newer jt 580 lp trem is smaller than the 2 / 3 year older jt 580 lp trems ? fender just sent me a new replacement chrome jt 580 lp trem and it's wings on either side are smaller than my old one and the trem arm looks cheaper than the older versions as well and the trem arm bushing is longer than the old one , the tread is the same , but if you try to put the old satin chrome one on there it doesn't screw on all the way and sticks up massively compared to the new one , yet they are labeled as the same trem , the posts fit fine though . and there is a bit of a gap on either side compared to the old one that was all most flush one either side . wierd hey ? if any one can host and post some pics for me shoot me your email and I'll send some pics to post and you can see for your self , maybe I am just anal ! lol !!!! //Steve

Re: jt 580 lp change ?

anyone ? I don't no how to post pics but I do have the pics if someone could post em for me. //Steve

Comment

sorry I guess your all at work ! lol !!! I am on a bit of a holiday for a couple of days . //Steve

Comment

Sorry, I can't post pics either, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly that can.

The JT580LP has gone through a few different versions through the years. I don't know why. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] On my Dinky Reverse, I actually have what's known as the JT580LP '94 (it's got a square baseplate like an OFR instead of rounded off).
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah I know it changes every year I swear lol ! but this is the 1 st I have seen any size of the base plate change .//Steve

Comment

Sure, I'll put the pics up for ya. My email is [email protected] I like keeping up with current trends and changes. It will be tommorow before I can post them cause I'm out of here for tonight. been a long day.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I wonder if Fender ordered the design change or if AMIC did before the sale? If Fender did it, would that mean that the routes on the guitars are also going to be smaller, thus removing the possibility of swapping out the stock trem for an OFR? I swapped the 580LP of my DK2 for an OFR from Carvin and it fit with only a slight amount of rubbing on one side of the cavity, but a coupla deep dives took care of that without any noticeable wood loss.
              Is Fender going to close off that option entirely, so that we can't put OFRs on imports?

Wasn't Microsoft sued for similarly dominating a certain aspect of a certain market?

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
              X