"blocking" a kahler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "blocking" a kahler?

Just wondering if theres any standard way to do this? its is a 2300. aside from fashioning a solid metal piece to replace the springs how else do you do it? thanks!

Re: \"blocking\" a kahler?

replace it with a Kahler 3310 .. it is bascially a fine tuning hardtail unit
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

yeah, i found that on the kahler site ....dont know if i feel like spending that kinda cash on it though...

is it something that just isnt done often?

Comment

1. Remove bridge.

2. Cut a peice of hard wood 3/4" x 3/4" x the width of the trem cavity.

3. Glue said piece of wood in the rear of the cavity.

4. Reinstall bridge and crank the spring tension as far as you can.

5. Re-string and wail!

Comment

thanks man! 3/4 was actually a bit too much, so just to get an idea of what size i needed, i slid an old steel long barrel 7/16" socket into the back of the cavity. installed the bridge, cranked the spring tension as far as i could and its PERFECT! exactly what I wanted. I dont even know if i'll take it apart to do it right I like it so much!? thanks!

Comment

depending on what vintage your kahler is, you can also lock it in place so it doesnt move via an allen head screw....

if not, they "used" to make some metal pieces that replaced your springs to lock it as well.....
            I wouldnt do anything to your guitar thta isnt easily reversed...

Comment

I had one once and all I did was remove the trem arm and put a good sized screw thru there into the wood. Never had any trouble with it.
              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

the screw through trem arm hole is an awesome idea...i hadnt even thought about that! Thanks everybody.

Comment

Working...
                X