LED fretmarkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED fretmarkers

I was looking into these. I would not want the kind that you just stick (the strip) on the side of your neck, over your original fretmarkers.

I'm curious, is there anything else, like seperate LED's that you can install? And is this a labor intensive process? I'm seeing something like wiring inside the neck, possible a smal route dedicated to this? Or am I seeing it too grand?

Also what would be the estimated cost? Any links would be great too.

Enough questions for ya? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Re: LED fretmarkers

hey ward,

[ QUOTE ]
    'm seeing something like wiring inside the neck, possible a smal route dedicated to this? Or am I seeing it too grand?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is correct, you'll wire up a series of high-illuminance low-power LEDS (in the right manner, since a diode conducts only in one way), so basically your route would contain 2 wires connected with several LED's in between to a DC Voltage source (f.ex. 9V battery in the cavity of the guitar body) with a power interruptor switch in between.

you basically drill holes through the wood and put the LED's in those holes, and sand them flush with the fingerboard.

I've done it a few times already, so I'll do it for you for free if you provide me the materials.

Comment

oh yes.. there are professional companies too, in case you don't have the faith:

http://www.simscustom.com/html/home.htm

Comment

Great info Peter!

I'll remember that offer, it'll come in handy! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Thanks so much man. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
        X