My New Japanese Grover Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Japanese Grover Jackson

I just received my Grover Jackson Soloist from Japan. I got it really cheap off ebay from a seller in Japan. It looks and plays great. I'll try to have photo's shortly. It looks just like a SL-3. It is a neck thru soloist with rosewood board and fins. The pickups are h/s/s with the original bridge replaced with an original Duncan Trembucker. The bridge looks like a JT 580LP, but it has Grover Jackson on it instead of Jackson. All hardware is brushed chrome. This guitar plays really nice, so I probably got a great deal on it. If anyone has any info on the Grover Jackson series from Japan, i'd love to hear more about it.

Re: My New Japanese Grover Jackson

I've got a GJ Roswell, and it does indeed kick serious ass - low smooth action, thin neck - and a kickass Grover Jackson hummer [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I've also got a JacksonStars brand NASL 160 - neckthrough SuperLight Soloist - mahogany body with rosewood board and MOP paralellogram inlays with an abalone stripe in them, gold Schaller and REAL Duncans (Custom in the bridge, JB in the neck), in Cherry Sunburst. Talk about a KILLER!
    I got it from a guy in Tokyo whom I had sold a bass to, and it was NOS on Clearance [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, feast your eyes on the Japanese Jackson site:
    http://www.jacksonstars.com/

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey NewC how did you find a Roswell on there?Or do you know who to contact about getting one of those there? Thanks [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey LH how much is cheap?
        Would you mind giving the eBay URL?
        Then we can see a pic.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Drake, I got the Ros off Ebay back around Christmas, but the NASL I got straight from Japan. The Roswell isn't listed on the JacksonStars site, but they have some sweet Warriors - my buddy in Tokyo inquired about getting me a Warrior with Blood Drip graphic and they told him the turnaround (from order to delivery) was about 6 weeks (!)
          I'm seriously thinking about a JacksonStars collection [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Plus they have the real Concert bass design - Soloist style [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Click the link that's in Japanese (shows Katagoru-risut as the link in the Status Bar) and you'll see the NASL and other discontinued/renamed models. They kept pretty much all the models, just changed the model name (NASL is not NASL, but it's the same guitar, etc)

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Here is a link to the auction that I won. What do you think - good deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...514833703&rd=1

Peter

Comment

Here is a link to the auction that I won. What do you think - good deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...514833703&rd=1

Peter

Comment

....did you really sore that for 175???? holy cats, man, nice job!!!!!

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

WOAH! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

That's an absolutley amazing price!!

Comment

Well shipping and insurance came out to an additional $110, but I think it was still a good deal.

Peter

Comment

I love that humbucker... I had one and it sounded pretty cool. All strings give the same output!... perfectly balanced!

Comment

Killer price for a neck thru.

Comment

Wow, $175! Sure beats what I paid for the Roswell [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm almost embarrassed to admit the NASL and a hard case cost me $950 shipped - it was on sale for about a third of that, but the shipping ($100+), case (another $100+), and PayPal fees kinda took the price - but it's a beauty with inlays the USA will most likely never see [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Working...
                          X