Can anyone help identify this model??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help identify this model??

I recently acquired this guitar and i'm trying to find out which model it is. I believe its one of the japanese guitar center anniversary models, but im not certain. The headstock reads GC-37BC, but I haven't been able to find anything listing that as a specific model. Its got an arched top, EMG Hz's and the serial number is: 9665826. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Heres a link to some pics. Im not really sure how to post pics here, so I just cheated and posted them at another board. Sorry about the super low quality.

http://guitar.com/discuss/readmsg.as...sageID=2801100

Re: Can anyone help identify this model??

Looks like a DKMG with the neck swapped. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

That would be my guess also.

Comment

I believe it is a Guitar Center 37 anniv. edition
        (or at least the neck is). I think the BC stands for Black Cherry the color. I remember seeing those guitars at GC a couple years ago and the color is right but I thought they had Dinky style body instead of the Archtop style.
        RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
        CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
        Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Originally posted by Charvels4me:
          I believe it is a Guitar Center 37 anniv. edition
          (or at least the neck is). I think the BC stands for Black Cherry the color. I remember seeing those guitars at GC a couple years ago and the color is right but I thought they had Dinky style body instead of the Archtop style.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I remember seeing that in a GC catalog when they came out. That year's model was indeed an archtop. The color is Black Cherry and the guitar is all original. Too bad about the stickers all over the body, though.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

K here we go. Ready? get a pencil and some paper. OK got it? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] sorry in a goofy mmod.
            Anyway. It is a guitar Center 37th anniversary model. The differances are on this guitar the body is Alder and the top is carved Maple, the neck is non reversed and it has non reversed Shark fin inlays instead of the Pirahna tooth inlays. The DKMG is basswood with a alder cap and a reversed headstock.
            The pups are the same. And yes the BC stands for Black Cherry. The only color available for this model and it wasnt available for the regular DKMG.
            Gil

[ March 25, 2003, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: JACKSONFREAK ]

Comment

Yeah the stickers look ass!

[img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Upon further inspection it's been determined on the other board. (see link above) That it's one of those new Soloist bolt ons.
                :lol;
                Silly boy
                Gil

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ Gil

hmmm, can't find it in the current line-up, must be "a custom shop soloist or lesser model". [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] Chimera (on the other forum) got it right
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                  X