Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to Intonate E on blocked Floyd...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Intonate E on blocked Floyd...

Weirdest thing. I have the whole guitar setup and intonated, and the Low E string refuses to intonate. It's on an Ibanez Edge trem, and the trem is blocked. I cant push the saddle far enough back (its in the second hole, BARELY being held in by the set screw), and it still goes sharp by a fair amount. I find it really odd because you would think they would have some headroom on these things. Im using a 46 gauge string, and theres nothign out of the ordinary, except for the intonation.

Any ideas/suggestions?!?

Re: Unable to Intonate E on blocked Floyd...

Have you tried a different string? I've had strings that were bad right out of the box that wouldn't intonate for shit.

Comment

Is the locking nut thight? If the A end e string intonate the trem seems to be aligned ok.
      Sometimes the electronic tuners get locked on a secondary harmonic - it may sound weird, but try plucking the open E at a different position (e.g., at the 20th fret or lower) when tuning

Comment

Check the (locking) nut and make sure the string in question is fretted at the very edge of the nut. Something could be wrong with the nut, so the string is fretted/resting somewhere else than the very edge. Is your locking clamp OK and turned the right way? See Dave's fine article here!
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

update: Tried a .42 gauge string, and it intonated fine....

VERY weird phenomena that I have NEVER experienced. It was a new set of strings, but no name strings I got from a music store. VERY odd, I cant see how that would happen, any explanation how a new string could NOT intonate?!?

Comment

Working...
          X