Pup Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pup Quiz

How do the stock pickups in the RR1 sound?

Seymour Duncan® TB4 “JB” Humbucker - bridge
    Seymour Duncan® SH2N “Jazz” Humbucker - neck

I tried searching for reviews on em and even checking out the duncan site but didnt find those exact models, so im not sure if i was reading up on the right one.

I'm just wondering if you guys like these. Do they have lots of gain and midrange? It's just cause i have only EMGs in my axes so far and don't wanna see a very big difference gain-wise (for sure mids will be more tho)

Thanks

Re: Pup Quiz

And this is in the import Jackson section?! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Many do not care for the Duncans. I have found them to be very good in certain guitars and not so good in others. The TB-4 is a medium-high output pickup that should deliver the tone you're seeking. It has excellent harmonics and strong amount of gain. It also responds very well to the volume knob to get those mildly distorted tones if you want that. The Jazz neck is a great pickup. Very full and fat, perhaps the finest Duncan neck pickup available. In fact, as you may already know, the Jazz and JB are Seymour Duncan's personal favs.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

LOL!!!! OOPS!!!!
      [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

it was probably cause i had just read so many threads about pickups in this section! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

lol anyway thanks a lot for the info [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] was what i was wondering (i find this baord should have a thumbs up smilie, i use em all the time on msn!)

Comment

My Kelly XL :
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
        X