Import Performer Nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Performer Nut

I have a Performer neck I won off Ebay. From a Rhoads I believe.

Locking nut route is 43mm (1 11/16") wide (low to high E) and 4mm deep at the zero fret area (a tiny hair above an 1/8") and around 5mm deep at the trussrod area at the end of the board. It's a top-mount.

After exhausting the search function, I've found that there are a million aftermarket nuts - OFR, licensed, etc.

Looking at my KV3 - the nut is angled to match the angle of the headstock. The performer is a pointy, same profile and all (not sure if the nut dimensions are identical), so i'm assuming the nut i need needs to have an angled height from top to bottom as well.

I'd like a nut with narrow string spacing, which from what I understand, an R3 will do (I'm scalloping, so i need to make chording less of a headache).

Anyway, my biggest confusion is on nut heights. Even knowing my route depth and all, i'm just not sure high the surface of the nut is supposed to clear the board anyway. I realize I could go shallow and experiment with different shims, but I'd rather get it right the first time! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'd like a black nut. So, help a brotha out!
    www.WarCurse.com

Re: Import Performer Nut

I don't know if it's the same or not, but I've got the locking nut from Matt's RR that he sold me lying in a box in my house if you wanna try it.

Comment

It's a Kahler string seperator, right? That won't fit. I know from experience. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Mike's too tight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        www.WarCurse.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          It's a Kahler string seperator, right? That won't fit. I know from experience. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess. Works like a Floyd nut, exact same principal, but doesn't look like a clone of it. Kinda like there take on it, is that what you're thinking of.

Comment

Here ya go. These are licensed nuts that are used on most imports and are not as tall as original Schaller made locknuts. Should be an exact match for the Performer R43 style nut.

http://guitarpartsdepot.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=LKNT
            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

I had this same problem. I bought a ps2 neck off ebay with no nut. The one I had to use worked perfectly as far as width and string spacing goes but the height was too high. Even the nut off my Rhoads ex neck was too high. I could see that the rout for the nut was much shallower for the ps2 neck. Why, I dont know. I never did get the right nut for it. I figure that I will stumble across it one day.

Comment

Sweet. thanks for the info. I placed an order at guitarpartsdepot.com
                www.WarCurse.com

Comment

Working...
                X