"Professional" imports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Professional" imports

what does the word "Professional" on the headstock mean ? can anyone tell me about the general quality of these "professional" Jacksons ? whats everyones opinions of them ?

I posted pics of the guitar i recently bought, but noone can tell me exactly what it is, i'm having trouble finding out the actual model...

Re: "Professional" imports

I think the problem with your other post is that most people haven't been able to see the pics. Angelfire just keeps giving me an error message when I try to look.

If you like, send the pics to me (address in my profile) and I'll post them for you.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Re: "Professional" imports

Originally posted by mstraughen:
      what does the word "Professional" on the headstock mean ? can anyone tell me about the general quality of these "professional" Jacksons ? whats everyones opinions of them ?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Let's see this thread for more information about the "professional" Jackson : previous thread about professional

Comment

Re: &quot;Professional&quot; imports

Originally posted by keogh:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mstraughen:
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Let's see this thread for more information about the "professional" Jackson : previous thread about professional</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They are Japanese models and the best years were before 1994 according to some guys here. There were some neck-thru models like soloist or kelly but i think there are only neck-bolt now (i may be wrong)!

Comment

Originally posted by keogh:
          They are Japanese models and the best years were before 1994 according to some guys here. There were some neck-thru models like soloist or kelly but i think there are only neck-bolt now (i may be wrong)!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The RR5 and the SL3 are neck-through. Today's professional series actually don't have "Professional" on the headstock any longer. I don't know when they removed this, but my '97 RR3 doesn't have it, so I'm guessing they took it off in '96 or earlier. I'm not 100% sure my guitar isn't a parts mutt though, so I can't say for sure.

If you have a neck-through RR with a Floyd and "Professional" on the headstock, it's probably either a "Rhoads Std" (rosewood fretboard w. dots) or a "Rhoads Pro" (bound ebony fretboard w. MOP sharkfins, also came stock with active booster circuit).

'bane

[ March 16, 2003, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Sunbane ]

Comment

thanks for the info guys [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] i didnt notice the pics had been taken down, i now have new links to the pics, in the original post here :

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=3;t=000179

Comment

Working...
            X