My DK2 got a new pickup and.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DK2 got a new pickup and.....

I took a chance and got a new DiMarzio HS 2 single coil/stacked humbucker for my neck position. It looks like your run of the mill single coil with the six pole pieces, but it doesn't sound like a run of the mill single coil at all. I heard Eric johnson uses one in the bridge of his 57 Strat. I hooked it up in the double coil mode and plugged it in. It has one of the most killer neck single sounds I have ever heard. The DK2 is just wide open for upgrades. Since I have replaced the bridge and neck pickups this guitar can cover most anything. I'm glad I bought the DK2. I couldn't have asked for a better import or a better guitar in my opinion. First Class Jackson quality.

Re: My DK2 got a new pickup and.....

That's cool! I like mine (trans red flame veneer) and it's still stock! What did you put in the bridge?

I have a SD stacked humbucker, made for bridge but am thinking of putting it in the neck. I have an Invader that's in an Aria that I bought for the Wonderbar
    trem on it. Would that work pretty well in a DK-2?

Rich
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Double Oops! FIRST a double-post, THEN I hit Reply instead of Edit!

DOH!!!

[img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

[ March 16, 2003, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Oops! Double-post! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

PostWh0re!

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
            PostWh0re!

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Man, correct a guy's spelling ONE TIME and
            he goes for the throat! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[ March 16, 2003, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I have a Seymour Duncan Distortion in my DK2's bridge and it sounds phenominal. I also have an Invader in my Fender Tom Delong Strat. It came stock with it. It sounds good for all the drop D stuff I do and cleans up all right, but not as good as something alot lower in output. Adam 12 from Powerman 5000 uses one in his Strat. Listen to one of their CD's. The DK2 is begging for better pickups. I got a winning combonation in mine. By the way, I have the trans blue flame maple top on mine. Love it.

Comment

Working...
              X