white kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white kelly

whats up guys, this is my first post here but I have been reading for a few weeks now. I have an SL2 soloist, black with no fret markers, USA made I think its a 97 as thats when I bought it. Its a beautiful piece of wood that I have considered selling before, but now realize that I never will. I am looking into getting a new jackson and have decided on a kelly but as I would also like to do some work to it (EMG's and maybe one of the new easy loader floyd rose's) I am going to try and get a KE3 rather than spring for a KE2. My question to you guys is have you ever heard of a white KE3 with pinstripes or would I have to get a custom paint job somewhere. And also can anyone recommend a good guitar tech in the New York state area to help me with the custom work and paint. Thanks very much guys. Also can anyone give me an idea of the availability of one pickup kellys much like the KE1's that marty friedman uses. are they only KE1's and if so how much do they run for? thanks again

Russ

Re: white kelly

There are no KE3's with pinstripes or bevels. You'd have to get a custom job paint done. A great place to get this done would be GMW.

One hum Kelly's (KE1) are only avaiable from the Custom Shop or on eBay occasionally.

Installing a Floyd Speedloader may require a new nut, meaning neck routing. Possibly even body routing, I'm not sure.

Comment

thanks for your reply Aaron. I really would like a one pickup kelly but I'll just take the extra pickup and deal with it. do you have any idea of the cost of the paintjob or will GMW be able to give me a free quote on that?

also, as I have never bought a guitar off an online store, I have notieced that they often list only certain colors wheras the colors I would be interested in go unmentioned. would I be able to order a paint job that jackson lists as available on their site through another website such as musicians friend.com? also where is cheap online for jacksons?

thanks again buddy

Comment

GuitarXpress and OnlineStageGear have the best prices on Jacksons that I have seen anywhere.

Due to the recently implemented MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) you must ring up or e-mail OnlineStageGear to get the best price, while with GuitarXpress you will have to make an account and then click the 'Request Best Price' button on the item you want to get the best price for.

Comment

I've checked guitar xpress and they seem like they have pretty decent quotes; a KE3 for about $400 with a case but I will check out the other place also. Thanks very much for your help and I hope to see you around here again as I will be back on the regular now. Cheers mate

Russ

Comment

Hey Dangerous I would say go with On Line Stage Gear Matt is a great guy & will give you the best deal. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks for your reply drake, do you or anyone else have an idea of how much a good quality paint job would cost?

Comment

...and finding a white kelly is a little bit of a b#$ch...took me almost 5 years to find the right one for me...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Working...
                X