"Relicing" new hardware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Relicing" new hardware?

Does anyone have a successful process for geting brand new hardware to look a little worn? I just put a new gold bridge and tailpeice on my old '72 Les Paul, and MAN does it look outta place! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I gotta tone it down a bit. Any ideas?

Re: \"Relicing\" new hardware?

Play it...a lot! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

You might be able to get some deep cutting polish to help remove some of the plating. If that doesnt work, some 0000 steel wool should where it down to the silver to give it that used look.-Lou
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Yeah, I'd say steel wool or maybe Brillo. Or just drag it on the ground! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm not kidding on this.

Scratch it up with some steel wool, dig a hole in your backyard, put it in there, cover with sand/dirt. And let it rest for a couple of days, to a couple of weeks.

Dig up, cleanse and it should be reliced.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Careful applications of NevrDull will remove the gold plating, it's not as harsh as steel wool. Remember, under the gold plating is nickel plating, which also tarnishes with age.

Comment

Working...
            X