Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Antiquitys: Anyone try them?

Hey folks,
    I was wondering if anyone has tried the Duncan antiquity pickups. I hear a lot of good things about them if you're going for full-on "vintage" tone, (like the fact that they don't wax pot them)but then I've heard some folks say that the output is even weaker than original PAFs. I know everyone hears pickup tone differently, but just a general consensus will be fine. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: Duncan Antiquitys: Anyone try them?

I like them, but they don't sound like a 'good' PAF to me, they are darker and don't have the harmonic stuff going on like a 'good' PAF. The reason I say 'good' is that not all PAFs are good, they were so inconsistent. But they are relatively inexpensive compared to other boutique pickups, and they do sound nice for the dough.

Comment

Re: Duncan Antiquitys: Anyone try them?

i have never used the PAF, but the strat pickups are KILLER. sure they hum, buzz, etc. but they are so transparent. i can't even put it into words. i LOVE them. i usually team them up with a seth lover humbuker and the souns is orgasmic.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X