PICS of my archtop pro refin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PICS of my archtop pro refin

Check it out... this is about 2 minutes after I got it... still need to polish it a bit and put the hardware on - what do you guys think? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Re: PICS of my archtop pro refin

Nice..I love the color,.. that green is glowing like the lawn in springtime.

Comment

Ooooh I like that color. Who did the refin and was it a reasonable price? (if you don't mind me asking)

Comment

Awesome Pete! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Like I said, give me some warning when if your going to part with this one sometime down the road. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks guys. She's gonna be gorgeous once I final polish and put her parts back on. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I may even have my cherryburst AT stringthru refinished also - I love how it looks with the natural binding and the mahogany grain on the back. You can't see it due to my crapass cam, but the binding on the guitar has all the flame maple in it... it's not just a solid creme color.

Pete

Comment

Mannnnn Pete that is perty! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by OklaStrat:
              I love how it looks with the natural binding and the mahogany grain on the back. You can't see it due to my crapass cam
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You can send her to me. I have a good camera that I can take some pics of her for you... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Really beatiful, awesome piece of work... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                Facebook - Youtube

Comment

SLAT Pro? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] That's awesome, dude. I love the way natural binding looks. So how does it sound now?

Comment

You're giving the amp building a break and refinning guitars again, Pete? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I can just make out the flamage on the binding on the inside of the cutout on the second pic. Is it actually binding, or that pseudo-binding (taped-off edge of the maple cap) effect? Either way, very nice work. What colour is the hardware?

Bit disappointed it's not a Bengal though [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Wanna trade for the Hamer I bought off you? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

OK, that's it. I've been procrastinating on doing the same to my red string thru for years it seems, and now it appears to be a very attractive idea to finally put into motion.
                        Altho I originally wanted to do green myself, I dunno what color I may go with.
                        So, in the meantime, I need details, who, how much, etc. or did you do this yourself? I like the body binding addition and natural backside.
                        So is the neck finished as well or oiled?.
                        Was there an option to do the headstock as well and still retain, or replace the pearl logo?

BTW, a before pic would be cool.

Dam, is it just the times, or is it obvious that its much improved. Who on earth nailed down the final finish specs on the original colors, gasp.

Well, green with jealousy here. thanx for some much needed motivation..
                        My red archtop pro so deserving of a makeover...

email @ [email protected] or AIM dualemg81 or post here - yay

[ March 14, 2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: audiophile ]

Comment

Heh, I still haven't put her hardware back on. Wife and I went to dinner and shopping right after work, just got home. I need to string her up - currently has black hardware, but some gold would look awesome.

This guitar got refinned because the guy who sold it to me represented it as being in great shape - well, it had the tip of the headstock broken off (which was fixed expertly) and also had several chips into the wood. I was so mad that I went ahead and had it refinished - if it was a more common guitar I would have just sold it.

If any of you guys need refin work, email me at [email protected] and I'll get you contact info for my paint person. She also did my orange bengal, and does KILLER work and is cheaper than GMW. She also will do internet stuff - right now she's refinishing a guy's 1964 Fender Pbass back to a stock color. I don't want to post her info here because that would kinda be spam. One thing she and I learned about this guitar is that Jackson's import trans finishes back then were pretty opaque - the old finish was a dark blue, and even in direct light wasn't this vibrant. My cherryburst string through seems to have the flame 'muted' but the finish being too thick/not clear enough.

My big worry was losing the guitar's value - but screw it. The guitar is an import, and really, I think it's worth MORE with the natural binding and the way it's painted. It's a totally pro job - I would defy anyone to look at this guitar and not think it was factory quality. I have a near mint stringthru AT pro, and I'm thinking of having it refinned too - I love the mahogany tint and the natural maple binding. Maybe a lighter blue or purple... or chlorine burst with the binding... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Whoops, just read about the neck - my painter doesn't like oiled necks - so I had her give the neck a satin finish. It keeps me from ever having to reoil the neck, and it protects it from my sweat. It also looks great and feels great too - without me having to worry about maintenance. I hate glossy painted necks...

Pete

Comment

That looks FANTASTIC Okla!

Comment

Working...
                              X