help with serial number-got pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with serial number-got pics

I've had this guitar for a couple of years and haven't been able to find out anythung about it. The serial number is 9415786. It is a jackson with a standard headstock not a reverse. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

thanks

[ March 13, 2003, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: guitarplayer ]

Re: help with serial number-got pics

I'm not an expert, but according to the serial, it's a guitar built in Japan - probably in 1994. As for determining the model, a more detailed description would be required. Pickup/control configuration? Neck type? Number of frets? Inlays? Finish? Or better yet, some good quality pictures.

'bane

Comment

I'll try and post some pictures tonight.

thanks

Comment

how do I post a pic?

Comment

here it is!

pics

Comment

Congrats!! What you've got there is called the Dinky HX. I've got two of them, a black one and a red one. Only about 100 of them were made in 1994. There's also a push/pull tone control pot for single coil splitting of the pickups. Here's mine. They're awesome!!

[ March 13, 2003, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

EMG fan, Joe? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                EMG fan, Joe? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep! 85/60 (my favorite combo) in the black one, 81/85 in the purple. The red one may possibly see EMGs, too! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

awesome toejam! someone who knows what it is! I've had this guitat for 2 years and you are the first person who could tell me anything about it! Do you know where it was made and possibly what it might be worth?

Comment

No problem. I had a hard time finding info on them, too. Basically, anything that says Professional on the headstock is Japanese.

You're the only other person on this board besides me who has one. I got my black one brand new around '95. I just got the red one earlier this year that another board member found in a pawn shop. I sent an email to Kevin Easton (who worked for Jackson) a year or so ago, and he told me the Japanese shop sometimes put out some weird stuff just to mix it up a little, and this was one of them. He said only about 100 were made in '94. I saw a green one a Drumcityguitarland's site a couple years back, but he didn't update the site and it was sold awhile before. I saw another red one on ebay, but bidding was over $350 and I thought it was too high. I also tracked down another on some guy's band site, but he wouldn't sell it. These are sweet guitars and I've been trying to find more. I think I paid about $285 (or maybe $385, I can't remember) for the black one, got the red one for a little under $200. I'd say they're not really worth more than $300- $400. The body is also made out of poplar.

Jackson used to have a Mother Of All Info Pages section that had specs and pics of most of their models. Hopefully Fender will get that page up and running again soon.

[ March 14, 2003, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

I think I paid around $400 for mine but it is in excellent shape. It has the thinnest neck I have ever played on a guitar in this price range.

I'll send you an email so we can talk about this and not have to post messages since no one else seems to be interested.

[ March 14, 2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: guitarplayer ]

Comment

Working...
                      X