Prototype Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prototype Identification

Can anyone identify this Jackson prototype? I picked this prototype up during the Fender aquisition of Jackson. Its supposedly a one-of-a-kind proto for a Japanese model that never went into production. The pickups are apparently Duncan prototypes as well, or so I am told. I don't know much about Jacksons, but this appears to be a pretty sweet set neck model (plays very well!!). Check it out at: http://www.suicidekustoms.com/jackson/jackson.html Sorry about the crappy pics, but they're all I got...

Re: Prototype Identification

neckthru Kellystar! v. nice

I'm not sure about the pickups, but aren't they Detonators?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Cool! How exactly did you get it?
      Know somebody in Fort Worth?

I wonder what the model would've been, KS4?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Those are HB104's. They're the DD equivalent of what is in the JJ's. Nice guitar. I never really played it, but I saw it several times. I managed to get away with its neckthru King V proto brother.

*EDIT*
        These are the same pickups that were in the KE3's before the switch to the Detonators. I spent way too much time swapping out pickups to ever forget what those are. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

And who the hell are you, dude? I didn't think that any random spares (er... ones that didn't work for the company, anyway) got hold of protos, so we probably know each other.

[ March 09, 2003, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Black Mariah ]

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

That's freakin' amazing! What a beauty! My kind of girl, no doubt about it... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

If you ever feel like want to sell it, please let me know. [email protected].

Thanks. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

thats so ****ing nice man **** I love her . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
              but I saw it several times. I managed to get away with its neckthru King V proto brother.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey BM,
              Have you ever told us the specs on this one, or more importantly, posted pics?

Pics man! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yea, he did. A couple of times. He's lobbying for GOTM. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

King V proto

- Neckthru
                  - Snow White Pearl finish
                  - Rosewood board with sharks
                  - Alder (I think) body wings w/ maple neck
                  - String-thru ToM
                  - General air of badassness

It's better not to ask me about it. I'm like a guy that's really really damned proud of his kids and wants to show you all his pictures and all of his slides and all the home movies... you get the idea. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

So blackie...ya sold it huh. I will hunt you down and strangle the tone from your fingers! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I wondered when they would start hitting the streets. Anyway, call me ya sick sunuva...

KEvin

Comment

Working...
                    X