JJ4 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ4 Question

First of all though - an apology. I know the rules, new guitar - post pictures! I'm getting to it, pictures tonight, hosting tomorrow hopefully, then pictures. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'm in the UK, I've picked up a JJ4 really cheap (£169 + £60 case + £15 delivery - yay!). It's cool, I'm enjoying the neck and the Duncan Design pickups are souding very thick at the moment. Unfortunately I hav no idea where it was made [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] The serial number on it is J100203. From another thread it appears that the following rules apply:

1. Japanese models have 7 digit serial numbers starting with a "9".
    2. Indian models have 8 digit serial numbers usually beginning with a "0" or "1".
    3. 12th fret dot inlays: Close together = Japan. Spread apart = Indian.

Now, the serial number on my guitar starts with a J so 1 and 2 are out. The 12th fret dots on my guitar appear between the 6th and 5 th string and the 1st and 2nd string, this suggest "far apart" to me. However, someone else told me that ALL JJ models were built in Japan. Can anyone help me out here in identifying where my axe was made.

I shouldn't really give a damn seeing as I got it for such a knock down price but if I had it confirmed that I've got a Japanese Import I would be a happy bunny indeed.

\m/ By the way, I saw Anthrax last night in the Barrowlands in Glasgow - HEAVY METAL!

Re: JJ4 Question

Some JJ4's were built in India, others in Japan. You have a Japanese JJ4. The serial numbers on the Indian guitars, IIRC, were the standard 8 digit India numbers, but the Japanese models got the J serials. Hurry up with the pics, dammit! That was a good score for $169 (My keyboard doesn't have a pound symbol, I know it's a different monetary unit. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ).

The JJ4 was the only import JJ model. The JJ1 and JJ2 were US made. There were various other models both import and domestic that were short lived specials.

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for the response Black Mariah, I am now one VERY happy chap.

Pictures to be posted as soon as I am able!

Comment

Yeah dude,

The pics, the pics!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
        X