Looking for new guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for new guitar

I'm considering getting the Jackson DX6 or the DKMGT (but that might be a little out of my price range).

Does anybody have experience with any of these and where are they made, Japan?

If you have any other suggestions lemmie know. I like the V's and Kelly's but I need them to be hardtails (no tremolo) and 2 humbuckers. $300 maybe $400 price range.

Thanks for any info!

Re: Looking for new guitar

Any of the new imports out now are made in Japan. DKMGT is a great guitar for the price, I'd say go for that.

And if you like the "trans amber" finish you are in luck, musicians friend has these on sale for $299 (dk2 also), with free shipping. Thats a steal for a dkmgt.

You might also check with Matt at onlinestagegear.com about the kvx10.

Comment

Definitely the DKMGT over the DX6, but do yourself a favor and try the DK2 and the DXMG before making a purchase.

Good luck.

Rodrigo
      [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Those are the exact two guitar models I had to choose between one year ago.
        I went for the DKMGT and don't regret it at all. The neck is just awesome, the piranha inlays look way better than the dots and I also love the archtop.
        Definitely a great guitar, and for the price posted it is indeed a steal.
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Thanks. If I get a Jackson it will be the DKMGT model. Looks like a real solid guitar.

Do they come in Red? I see some places list that as a color option online and others don't.

Comment

Ah, I see that they do come in Transparent Red. Nice! It's on the Jackson web site. I'm getting excited now.

I once played a USA Kelly model for fun and really thought it was a tight guitar, great sounding. I have a feeling they are all like that.

I must say I think I'd rather have a Jackson made in Japan than an ESP made in Korea any day.

Comment

Originally posted by retrorocker:

I must say I think I'd rather have a Jackson made in Japan than an ESP made in Korea any day.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wise words, my friend, very wise words! [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Just wanted to let you know. I tried out a bunch of guitars today and I'll be ordering a Jackson DKMGT in Trans Red. I'm not used to the flat fretboard, mine was more scalloped BUT I hardly noticed and playing it was no problem. Out of everything I tried the Jackson felt like it was built like tank.

Thanks for the point in the right direction! This guitar rocks!

Comment

Great to hear that!
                  I'm sure it'll serve you well. The Trans Red rocks, you have to post pics as soon as you get it! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll do my best to get a pic posted! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'm really excited about this guitar, I just hope one of my 3 local stores can order it in Trans Red (if not there's a place online that has it). I'll find out Monday for sure. And I'm glad I'm getting last years model, Pre-Fender. Heh heh. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Nothing against Fender, but I just like the idea of having a 100% true Jackson guitar without the Fender attachment to it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X