Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone remember a Jackson DX-2 from around '95??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone remember a Jackson DX-2 from around '95??

I have a Jackson DX-2 that I bought new in 1995 for around $750 if I remember right. I haven't ever heard anything about these guitars since. Is it worth anything at all? I was thinking about selling it on Ebay to start a couple other projects. It's got bolt-on maple neck, rosewood fretboard w/dot inlays, 24 frets, Floyd Rose Lic. Tremlo, H-S-H configuration, volume/tone knobs, and a 5-way selector switch. Is this guitar any good or not? Any information is appreciated, thanks for your help.

[ March 05, 2003, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Rick ]

Re: Anyone remember a Jackson DX-2 from around \'95??

Sure, that's a very nice guitar. A friend of mine has one, and it came with Armstrong pickups! 213 and 214. Trem is JT580LP.

I've seen two or three on ebay go for $350 - $400.

Hope that helps.

Rodrigo [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ March 05, 2003, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: kuerbo ]
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Hmmm...not too bad. Actually, better than I thought. It has a couple dings and dents, but hell, it's like 8 years old. I just found out some more info about it on the web. They only made them '96-'97 and you are right about the Armstrong pups. I also found out the body is basswood and it retailed for $795. I've loved this guitar for years, but I've got a ESP Explorer that I have fallen in love with and the Jackson isn't getting any use at all. I'll think about selling it. Thanks for the info.

[ March 05, 2003, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Rick ]

Comment

I have a DX-1 from that same era (96-97). I love it. H-S-S, Duncan Design pick ups are what came in mine (not bad for a cheap pick-up, but could be better), JT580LP, paid $700 or $750 new, I don't quite remember, but definately not worth that now. It was my first Jackson and never gave me any headaches. Very reliable and solid as a rock. Still *one* of my favorites to play. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Definately better than the DX series of late (or so I've heard). Were those (the Japanese DX's) the last of the actual "Professional" series?

[ March 05, 2003, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Hotrod ]

Comment

Purists here only recognize the 1990 - 1994-ish era as the "real" Professional Series. Why? Because the features were identical to the USA models of the era: ebony fingerboard, real mother of pearl sharkfins, real mother of pearl logoes, neck and headstock binding, Schaller JT-590 trems, Jackson hardware/pickups/electronics, and on the elite models: neck through. No Pro after that time shared those high end features.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

The DX1 turned into today's DK2. It's esentially the same guitar. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
              logoes
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Logos. You're slipping lately, Joe! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW, I love my '94 Professional Dinky Reverse! It's got the JT580LP '94 trem (square baseplate, not rounded off like it is today), rosewood board, offset MOP dot inlays.

[ March 05, 2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Potatoes Joetatoes

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Joetatoes are really tasty! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Low goes
                    Lo goes
                    Lo gos
                    Log os
                    Log goes
                    Log gos

[img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Hey, leggo my Eggo! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Does anybody know when they quit putting the "Professional" on the headstocks? I know the DK-2s don't have them. Late 90's maybe? And Charvel750, I agree about the early 90's being superior, as the my Soloist Archtop (formerly yours and thanks again [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) is much nicer than my Pro bolt on of the latter 90's. It is just a better instrument to me, with a lot more attention to detail and is both a great player and a looker, but... my bolt-on is still fun as hell to play. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X