Crappy Volume Knobs on KE3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy Volume Knobs on KE3s

Anyone know how to fix the volume knob on my KE3. Its less than 6 months old but already the volume knob is give me hassle. It feels real loose and springy like its gonna fall off and whenever I turn it up full it never stays there and always twists back a bit, which quite annoying cause it makes distorion sound a bit crappy. I've heard of other people complaing about this before on KE3s.
    Any suggestions on fixing it?

Thanks,

Re: Crappy Volume Knobs on KE3s

yeah, I had the same problem on my JK-20...

There's a really small screw on the side of the knob...unscrew it and pull the knob off.

Below you'll see the pot shaft sticking through the wood with a nut holding it in place...the nut is lose so just tighten it really good then putthe knob back on...voila...

Comment

Yep, it's not a problem with the knob itself - it's the potentionmeter that has loosened for you. Happens to pretty much any guitar sooner or later.

In addition to Ranalli's excellent advice, I'd suggest you open the back plate and hold the pot still with your fingers as you tighten the nut.

'bane

Comment

yeah the volumeknob on my KE3 has fallen of twice already....

Comment

Hmmm do we need a recall on KE3s? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

As I got home after picking up my KE-3 from the dealer when it arrived, the volume knob fell off. it was just the screw within that knob that was loose... just a minor problem, could even happen to a usa select, no big disaster though.

just took a screwdriver and put it bak in place, never had a problem with it since [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

lmao, Svart, exactly the same thing happened to me ! when i got home it also fell off [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              it fell of another time though...it seems to stuck on from then on though [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X