discontinued model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discontinued model?

I just bought a new guitar from a local music store. It's a Jackson that had been in the store for awhile and the store owner couldn,t even remember the model. I've always owned/played the 80's Charvel model 4's and 6's so I haven't kept up with all the newer models. I'm hoping I can describe the guitar and someone out there can help me determine the make and model. It's a dinky style body, seems to be mahogany with a flame veneer on top, bolt on maple neck-24 fret, rosewood fretboard with dot inlays. The headstock is the 3 per side pointed headstock with a straight string pull. It has a vintage strat style trem with 3 Duncan designed mini humbuckers (rail type). It has 1 vol and 1 tone with a 5-way switch. The serial # is 01060820. I've never seen another like it. Plays great and sounds great too so I figured it was worth $375. If anyone can help it would be great, thanks.

Re: discontinued model?

Does it look like this JX10?

Hail yesterday

Comment

YES! That's it! Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping someone out there would know. I haven't even looked at new guitars in years so i'm way out of the loop. I didn't even know Fender bought J/C until yesterday! What an idiot huh?

Comment

Not an idiot at all dude,

So how does she play? I've seen those and wandered how they feel. Are the pickups any good?

Enjoy! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

It plays great. The neck is a little thicker than what i'm used to with my old Charvel model 4 but i've been doing some acoustic stuff lately so i'm getting comfortable with a thicker neck. The pickups sound pretty good so far, the neck p'up has a real sweet tone. I play through a PODxt into a Fender concert but I haven't been able to really crank it up cuz my wife's been sick for a couple of days-go figure. I'm gonna put a set of boomers on tonight and see how they sound.

Comment

Nice,

Let me know please, i'm interested.

Hope your wife gets well soon too.

Cheers [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
            X