Stress cracks at neck pocket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress cracks at neck pocket?

I just put together the new to me DKMG, and noticed a small hairline crack, going from the neck pickup cavity to the neck pocket, then another very small one in the bottom corner of the pocket. Is this common? It dosent look like the neck sustained any major hits as its in very nice condition.

Regardless, this guitar plays better than anything Ive played to date. The action is SO low, I bottomed out the floyd post on the high e side, and no buzz! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Re: Stress cracks at neck pocket?

That area flexes and can cause finish cracks. Nothing to worry about structurally at all.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I have a stress crack in a basswood body Charvel Fusion Deluxe (the one with the neck I was going to sell you LOL!). Just a small one in the neck pocket - not worth worrying about.

Comment

Ah well good to know. I did confirm tonight that the guitar was never dropped, so I guess thats that. My only concern is when I refinish it, will it crack through the finish again? I figure Ill sand it down, fill the cracks, and hopefully never see them again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Just don't use the guitar as a hammer LOL!

Comment

Well damnit, what good is it then? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X