Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMG New GC store

Hello,

I stopped in at a new Guitar Center that just opened up close to where I work. Saw some nice Jacksons.

One was a DKMG. This guitar was a dark metallic green, not transparent at all. Very nice guitar!I've never seen this color listed as a choice, is it a new color for 2003?

I also saw what appeared to be a Kelley in transparent black. Not sure if this was labeled USA or not. I could have sworn there was a USA Kelley hung up about 10 feet out of reach. Are these USA made or import only?

DRH

Re: DKMG New GC store

Easy way to tell: was the Kelly neck-thru or not? If so, then it's USA. If not, then not.

Comment

which new guitar center ???? there's 1 that just opened up near where i live..

big daddy wombat :-}

Comment

If it's hanging 10 feet out of reach it's probably a USA model... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

The Guitar Center just opened in Warwick, RI a couple of weeks ago.

One Kelley was definitely neck-through.

DRH

Comment

i live right near that store...i know which kelly model you're talking about very sweet..i have a few friends that work at that store

big daddy wombat :-}

Comment

The finish on the DKMG is called Forest Green, I think it did already exist since Summer 2001 or something.
              But I'm not sure about that, I just know it's a standard option for the DKMG and DKMGT.
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by DRH:
                The Guitar Center just opened in Warwick, RI a couple of weeks ago.

One Kelley was definitely neck-through.

DRH
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kelly

[img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

The dark green would be the Black Forest Green, but I didn't think it was metallic. Metallic would have little specs of aluminum in the paint and be sparkly under certain light.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Black Forest IS metallic, i've got a dkmgt in that color. peace

Comment

Oh, interesting. Thanks for that info. I had seen one in GC once real quick, but just walked by and didn't really inspect it that close. My '94 Dinky reverse is called deep metallic purple, but it's hard to see the specs unless up close and in the right light.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X