Looking into lefty guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking into lefty guitars

I am a lefty looking to purchase a new guitar. I have considered a Jackson Warrior MG which I saw at guitarxpress.com for $545 (not sure if that's the lefty price though). I also found a new Ibanez Sabre 370L GP (Korean made) online for $425. Not sure what the major advantages/disadvantages are for each guitar. I'm also not sure which would be the better buy. My price range is around $500.
    Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Looking into lefty guitars

You'll have a hard time finding decent left handed guitars in your price range. I have a friend who's a lefty, and he could only find a couple of low dollar left handed guitars. He found a Fender Strat (Mexi), and I think a Schecter Omen. He finally gave up and ordered a Carvin. Very nice guitar, neck through, two humbuckers, coil splitting, bad ass finish, etc., etc. I think they have some bolt ons on sale right now, left overs from NAMM, you might want to check it out.
    Carvin Guitars

Comment

Hey horsecore,

There aren't too many lefties here besides myself and LordOfGain that are really active on the board that I know of. Maybe LoG can give you some other ideas but with a $500 budget, you can pick yourself up a good used jackson, specifically, the Stealth series. I have one that I paid $230 for and it was a 8/10 condition. They are great guitars with very thin/fast necks (if you like that). Otherwise, the Dk2's go for about $420 with case new. Keep your eye out on e-bay, tons of stuff there. If your lucky, you may even find a Charvel 375 for about $250-300 which are again a very decent guitar. I've just recently looked at the Schecter Classic series and those go for about $700 but they are neck-thru guitars imports w/dual hum's. Bottom line, don't fall into that "it's got to be new trap". I've purchased used guitars that were 10 years old and they were in new condition, it just takes time to find one and being a lefty, you have to learn patience. If the guitar plays/feels good for you, really consider it.

good luck on your hunting...

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I've just seen this on the bay. Check it out. It's in your price range.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2511506116

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Brother Horse, the Stealth is the same body shape as my blue Jackson that I had at your house the other day. Thin body, fast neck...pure METAL!!!

Comment

Working...
          X