eBay parts mutt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay parts mutt?

I'd like to build a guitar. I've got my nice guitar so this one would just be a player. I'd be curious to hear from anybody that has built an eBay mutt guitar. I'm thinking the random $50 painted body with the random $50 neck etc. I realize that they won't neccessiary fit togther perfect and it might need some work, but this is what I'm looking for. However, if I'm just describing how to build a $400 Squier, somebody let me know. I've priced a Warmoth, but it just seems too expensive for what I'm thinking. I'd like to find something I can put together for less than $300-400 rather than a $800 Warmoth. Is this a reasonable way to go about it or just asking for trouble?

Re: eBay parts mutt?

I built a Model 3 with Charvel parts I bought from eBay. It was easy and cheap.

Comment

Me too, a model 3 for under $200. Id like to try some of those mighty might bodies and necks too but nows not a good time for me for that. Anyone ever use one of those necks?

Comment

I have two. Charvel Fusion Deluxe body with a Jackson Fusion Professional neck, and a KE3 Kelly body with a DK-1 neck.

No issues, but it might be cheaper getting a whole guitar (with case) first then start swapping.

Comment

I've got a few "mutts" in various stages. I would just say do a little homework before buying things. I've picked up parts that I thought would be compatable, only to find out after the fact that they aren't. It can be done though!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

No issues, but it might be cheaper getting a whole guitar (with case) first then start swapping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd wondered about that. On the face of it, it doesn't make sense to build one. If you can't buy it, then building makes sense. Got to add something for the fun of building though.

Comment

Working...
            X