clear sanding sealer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clear sanding sealer?

hey everyone got a weired question. i got this guitar project im working on a jackson kelly, i set it on fire i painted it white with cans, threw red paint on it and did all this stuff to it to make it look kind of old but it rubs of on me every time i play it and i need a sealer to cover it. my question is can i use clear sanding sealer to seal it and have a flater look then laquer? if so is this the right thing to do
    -sand guitar so its flat
    -spray sealer let sit for about 2-3 hours
    -spray another coat let sit 2-3 hours and sand
    -spray once more, sand and buff with mirror glaze

i pass the time working on guitars so im not trying to do anything profasinal YET. i just need to know if this is the right thing to do
    thank you

ill put pics as soon as im done [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: clear sanding sealer?

Is it laquer sanding sealer? If so make absolute sure you have the guitar sanded as flat as possible,and go very light on the sealer,if you get too much built up it will have a tendency to crack.It's much thicker than laquer clearcoats and will shrink all the same,hence the need of the surface to be very flat.
    If it was up to me,I would just use a clear flat if you don't want the glossy finish and no (or very very little)sealer since you already have paint on the guitar.

Comment

Working...
    X