Help with a JE-1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a JE-1000

I am trying to hook up a je-1000 with a j50bc p/up, and gain switch/pot on the board, and all i get once thru my amp is buzz, the pickup/input jack work by themselves, the wiring is correct, double checked that a few times now, any ideas?

Re: Help with a JE-1000

[ QUOTE ]
    I am trying to hook up a je-1000 with a j50bc p/up, and gain switch/pot on the board, and all i get once thru my amp is buzz, the pickup/input jack work by themselves, the wiring is correct, double checked that a few times now, any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a buzz in my guitar as well...and I discovered that the black wire from the battery which goes to ground is disconnected but if it touches the metal chassis of the battery the guitar still woks...I suggest you to have a look at the solders into your circuit...

About me...any good suggestion about a onest guitar technician in London, fellows?
    '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
    '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
    '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '92 Fender Strat scallop
    '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
    '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

was that with a je-1000? and also, i believe it's all wired the same as in my rrv where it works fine :S so i'm stumped

Comment

ah well, i think the pcb may be knackered completely, zerberus, did the je-1000 definetely work before you sent it to me?

Comment

Can you post some close-ups of the control cavity and wiring? I'll compare it to my J-1000...
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
          X