Removing Duncan Logos - New Product Tried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Duncan Logos - New Product Tried

"Ooops". ...No, that isn't a boo-boo. That's the brandname of the product I recently tried. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You can find it in your local hardware store. It's basically a paint remover. Supposedly more mild, though, formulated to clean up "ooops" painting spills and mistakes without harming the surrounding materials. Smells like paint thinner.

Just pour a little into a paper towel. Then rub it into the Duncan logo. You're going to have to use a little elbow grease and rub for a minute or two. Maybe a couple of applications. And...whallah!...no ugly Seymour.

Follow up with a paper towel made damp with water, to make sure none of that stuff remains on the plastic. And then dry. All better now. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Removing Duncan Logos - New Product Tried

<font color="aqua">Thanks for the tip!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Cool beans. That might be the same thing as "Goof Off" just a different brand.

Matt

Comment

Great idea! I've got another one. Last night I used some Stewart-McDonald "fine" polishing compound followed by some Meguiers "Plastic Cleaner". Worked perfect and the gloss is back to stock original condition.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I kind of like the logo [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I kind of like the logo [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here! I unfortunatley had to pass on a JB because the logo has started to been taken off... a shame because it was a good price too.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

LOL! Hate the logo.

Comment

I think it's like the old 'sleeper' mentality folks had with hotrods. If you leave the logo on, it's the equivilant of Giant tires on the back of your chevelle with a 305.
                The dude with the logos removed is like the LS-6 with whitewalls [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I personally like sleepers in the auto world and tacky logos, colors and graphics on guitars [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I'd dig the LS-6 with whitewalls. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X