Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT6T ?

Ok

I am a big time Kelly fan . I have to of them at this time a Kelly STD pro bought in 95 and a K7 bought back in march cause they where cheap as hell at AMS . I have been lokking on e-bay for a cheap kelly that I can customize to the way I want it . I have seen lots of the JT6T on there and i am curious about how good they are . I will be changing the pickups and some other stuff I just want to make sure the neck and body are good on them before I start this project . Thanks.

Ed

Re: JT6T ?

Spend the money for an OFR, you will never regret it! The JT6 isn't a bad trem, just obsolete.

Comment

I don't think he's talking about the JT-6 trem, I think he's talking about the model name JT6T.

Comment

I thought he was also talking about the JT6 trem. I like them a lot, have it on my Model 6. I don't think there's a guitar model called JT6T. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Maybe he is talking about the PS6T?

Comment

oops I did right the wrong number ... meant to put PS6T sorry for the confussion

Comment

I have one, well what's left of one. I took out the bridge pickup, and put in a Duncan Distortion, which helped tremendously, since the stock p/up's sound like ass. I took the neck off, and put one on from a DKMG, big improvemnet, over stock. The stock neck wasn't bad, it just had a weird feel to it, somewhere between my strat, and my DXMG. I like it, especially since I'm also a huge Kelly fan, and at the time couldn't afford a better one. Be sure and run your strap a little lower than your other guitars, they play better hung low, and don't let people say they have a balance problem. If you need pics, or questions answered, email me, and I'll do my best to help out.

[email protected]

Comment

Yeah stock p/up's sound like ass. Now for the guitar if you're going to full customize her i'd say go for it. If you were to keep it, i'd wait for a KE3.

Hope it helps.

Rodrigo [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
                X