Model designation info for a new guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model designation info for a new guy.

Hey Everyone - I'm new here. The guys in the band told me to check out this site as I have been wanting to add an 80's Import Charvel to the collection. But I'm kind confused on model designation....
    1B
    2B
    3B
    What are the differences?
    Are there other models I'm missing?
    Also what color finishes were available?
    I have seen Black, Red, White, Black Cherry, Firecrackle.
    Again, any colors I'm missing?
    Were import Charvels only made in Japan or were they also made elsewhere and how can I tell the difference beyond a Ft. Worth, TX nameplate?
    Yes, I know I ask alot of questions, but thank you for any help.

Re: Model designation info for a new guy.

Briefly what I know about them:
    1B - Bolt on neck, P pickup only
    2B - Bolt on neck, p&j pickup (P-pickup fender config)
    3B - Neck thru, p&j pickups (P-pickup reversed config) poplar body (I own and still use one).

checkout: Jackson Musuem

They have catalog cuts with some info.

By the way, Welcome [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] there is a wealth of knowledge here.
    "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Re: Model designation info for a new guy.

There's also the Charvel Fusion and Eliminator, which are similar to the ZZ Top/Phil Collen bass, except they're bolt-ons without the arched body. The Eliminator also has a ridge cut into the top half of the body (why, I don't know - probably a good thumb rest).
      There was also a Jackson Fusion, which was the same as the Charvel Fusion, but with a Jackson logo.
      Both were available with 4 or 5 strings.

Then there's the Concert Pro series which looked like the current CMG model. Those are the best import Jackson basses - equal to the Charvel "B" models, but usually a step up in hardware and cosmetics.

All 80's Charvel imports were made in Japan.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X