Neck Thru heal joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Thru heal joint

I have been looking at used Neck Thru Soloist (SL3) Guitars. While shopping I have looked at many USA and import models. I have noticed many different neck joint configutartions from the heal type of my model 6 to a clean crescent of the new SL1 and 3 I have seen in the stores. My question... How many neck/body heal configurations are their and when did the changes occur.

I have seen guitars advertised as early 90's with the symetrical crescent route and a 99 with the s curve route

Any ifo is appreciated

Kevin
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Re: Neck Thru heal joint

There have been essentially three heel joints. The original like on San Dimas neck throughs and the Charvel Model 5s and 6s have a distinct joint. There were minor variations of course, but the joint was essentially the same on these early examples. In the spring of 1990 Jackson began using that "crescent" shaped joint on its neck throughs. By 1994 they progressed to the more recent joint as seen on the current lineup of neck throughs. On the Rhoads and King V models the joint was slightly different because the natural design of the guitar called for it. And the Warrior has always had a slightly different joint too. So there are some exceptions. Keep in mind that Jackson also made set neck guitars (many of the Archtop Soloists) and while the feel and look was similar to the neck throughs, the actual joint was very different.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
    X