two point trem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two point trem

i'm prolly getting ahead of myself, considering the many unfinished projects I have, but was wondering:

I have a body with a traditional two point trem installed and was considering an upgrade (Floyd or maybe just a wilkinson). I know there is a difference in string spacing, and of course, the extra routing that would be required for a Floyd, but what else would need to be done to make this mod? Also, which model Floyds would work as a "top mounted" trem?

Re: two point trem

You will need to drill new post holes for a floyd. The post spacing is way different. You will want one with a 42 mm block for top mount. Some sort of wilk might work but I think the posts are a bit different too. Im assuming that you mean a Jackson 2 pt trem. I think the wilk will drop right in for a fender 2 pt trem, not sure if squiers are the same as U.S. made strats in this dept. I think youre better off just getting a body that takes the type of trem you want, but I know sometimes thats not an option.

Comment

Thanks. I don't know if I even want to do a mod, since my trem use varies anyway. I appreciate the info; sounds like it might be best to stay put with this one.

Comment

If you are thinking of a Wilkinson, you may want to check out the Hipshot trem bridges, I personally like them much better.

Comment

Hipshot, got it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X