schaller trem vs floyd ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schaller trem vs floyd ?

I got this new / old charvel recently it's got the jackson schaller trem on it , and the bloody thing won't return to zero and it's going out of tune , what can I do to clean it ? can I re sharpen the knife blades on it to help ? does it need new posts ? or should I just put a new floyd in there ? what would fit [licenced or real floyd] ? have any of you had this problem with the old schaller trems ? and where do I find parts for the thing ? I wana get some new screws and lock blocks for it . I know this should probably be in another forum , but I always post here most of the time so blah !!! lol ! //Steve

Re: schaller trem vs floyd ?

Schallers are, for all intents and purposes, as good as OFRs. I would try these, in order:
    1) Clean & lube pivot points on posts and edges
    2) if still no good, replace posts
    3) if still no good, sharpen edges

if you know what to look for, look at the edges & posts & see if you can spot wear.

Comment

Parts for that trem are available EVERYWHERE!!! That being said, you can indeed buy new knife edges for it (bonus!!) and you can get new posts as well while you are at it. Get these wherever you would get parts for your Original Floyd Rose trems.

Comment

thanks guys !!! where do I get the new knife egdes for it ? do you know any online stores ? up here in B.C. Canada I know no one who has em . does schaller have a website ? I couldn't find one . I hate it when I find a used guitar and who ever owned it left it at the bottom of the sea collecting tons of rust ! lol !!! Jackson still hasn't got back to me on my licenced floyd parts so I figered that I wouldn't even try to get any schaller parts from em yet till the got the inventory sorted out , cause I know Kevin Easton had tons and tons of necks and older trems and other parts for Charvels and Jackson's and none of em were in order ! lol !!! so it'll take Fender years to sort that out ! lol !!! but again thanks for your help guys ! I'll be posting pics real soon of that Charvel in here with a pic of my rig soon as I get my cab on wed this week I have been waiting for my cab for bloody almost 2 months now ! lol I guess it's a bad thing to make a order before namm ! lol //Steve

Comment

so does anyone know whos got the posts and new knife edges for the schaller ? [some online store or something ?] //Steve

Comment

I'm not sure... you also want to make sure the pivot points on all the saddles are smooth and move freely (when there are no strings attached)...

Contact Jackson.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm pretty sure stewmac.com has all the trem stuff you need. does anyone know how to change the knife edges. I dont own one but would like to find out. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks ! and about the changing of the knife blades , I think they should just pop out / slide out as the posts seem to be the only thing holding em in place , I could be wrong , but thats my guess , I'll let ya know when I do it. //Steve

Comment

oh and by the way what do I lube it with [the piviot points]? //Steve

Comment

lemon oil baby!! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] actually I'm not too sure but I think a graphite type nut lube would be best. good luck [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

matt

Comment

I´ve had ****loads of problems with my Jackson/Schaller trems.
                      The solution to my problems was a brand new base plate that has better quality than the old Jacksons. Hardened steel edges and ,if I knew english better I could explain it better, also the intonation screwholes strenghtened.

Go for a real FR or buy yourself a new Schaller baseplate. The Schaller baseplate is to recommend if you have a recessed(right word?) body because it has the same measurements as the Jackson FR.
                      The OFR is longer than JFR.

Regards JT

Comment

Working...
                      X