Neck-thru import kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck-thru import kelly

Is there a Neck-thru import kelly??? I heard Joe say that there was one, from the proffesional series, but all Kelly pro's I found were bolt-on...

Could anyone tell me the model name of these Kelly's?

Thanx a million

Thoraby

Re: Neck-thru import kelly

Could be a KE-4 or something...
    I'm not completely sure, the reviews on harmony-central.com don't tell if the KE-4 is neck-thru.
    But the King V model KV-4 is neck-thru, so...
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Yep. It was a Kelly Pro, Soloist Pro, Rhoads Pro and King V Pro from the early 90's. They were the ones made just like the USA; ebony boards, binding etc...

Comment

Yeah, The Kelly Pro was the only neck through import Kelly.
        She came with the J50 and J92 pickups and the JT590 trem.
        Body was poplar.

The KE4 was a later model, 1996 or so, and came with Armstrong pickups and the JT580 trem. It was a bolt-on and body was ash or poplar.

Hope it helps. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[ February 03, 2003, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: kuerbo ]
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

i've got an imported (performer series) kelly, which i swear by.
          its bolt on.
          it came with stock Jackson's but i switched to EMG 81/89. liscensed floyd (the thing doesnt go out of tune for days- i swear).
          poplar body, thin and wide (kelly) maple neck, rosewood 'board, white dot inalys- wish it had sharkfins. trans blue with flame maple top.

heres a huge detailed pic
          http://grm.m.walla.co.il/briefcase/0...4852/Kelly.JPG

[ February 03, 2003, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Kelly Shredder ]

Comment

Hey ToeJam,

So the invaders sound killer on your kelly?.
            Any chance you could send me an mp3 of that sound? I mean just the guitar with distortion, nothing fancy. I'm thinking of putting a pair of invaders on my ke3, so it would be helpful to listen to yours.

Rock on!. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Sorry, I don't have any recording equipment. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] All I can say is they have a lot of gain and low end, dark sounding. Even the neck pickup sounds great without being muddy. I thought the body was alder, but I remember reading on the old MOAI pages that it was poplar. Poplar and alder sound a little similar anyway.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice PS6T you have there, it looks way better with the EMG's and the Trans Blue finish. I don't like dots though.
                [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Nice Kelly! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] In the early '90s I had a very dark blue Kelly with dot inlays like that. I think it might have been a Kelly Standard, but not really sure. It had the JT580LP trem that I didn't like at the time and I wound up getting rid of that guitar (I hated the white plastic dots at the time, too). I now have a '95 or '96 black Kelly XLR (binding, reverse headstock and reverse sharkfins) with the same JT580LP trem and love it, can't get it to go out of tune! Plus two Duncan Invader pups in it are crushing!!

[ February 03, 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

It's ok dude,

I don't think you can go wrong with Duncans anyway, so I think I'll go for it just the same.

Thanks. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

thanks for all the kind comments about my guitar.
                      i hear lots of **** about it being extremly low end and sucky, but man its one of the most fine guitars i have ever played for that price range.

it is very dark blue too but the picture was taken in a very open livingroom in a sunny saturday morning with the flash on the camera, i've never seen the flame top glamour that nicely [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

keep rawking dudes! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

My green sparkle Kelly has J50B and a J50N in it. And those were stock. So apearntly not all Kelly pros came with the J92 and J50 config.
                        Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
                          My green sparkle Kelly has J50B and a J50N in it. And those were stock. So apearntly not all Kelly pros came with the J92 and J50 config.
                          Gil
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, before I put the Invaders in my Kelly, the neck pup was a J50 and the bridge is a ??
                          They both look like bridge pups because they have the adjustable pole pieces on the bottom coil. The sticker on the neck pup says J-50N (10.2) and the bridge says JH-2 (10.8), so I'm not sure exactly what it is. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                            Yeah, before I put the Invaders in my Kelly, the neck pup was a J50 and the bridge is a ??
                            They both look like bridge pups because they have the adjustable pole pieces on the bottom coil. The sticker on the neck pup says J-50N (10.2) and the bridge says JH-2 (10.8), so I'm not sure exactly what it is. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I bought mine new in december 1994, she has dot inlays (that i don't like), the neck is bolt-on and had the same Jackson pickups as yours (J-50N (10.2) and JH-2 (10.8)) before i upgraded it.
                            How can i know the year of building with her serial : J003652? I looked at this thread thread about serials but i'm not convinced!

[ March 01, 2003, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: keogh ]

Comment

hey JACKSONFREAK is that the guitar Joe had ? I was thinking about that one for a while hows she play ? //Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X