DKGC36 Guitar Center 36th Anniversary Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKGC36 Guitar Center 36th Anniversary Dinky

Whats the going rate on these? They were made in Japan. They have a Lacewood body and a flamed maple top. Were these limited to a certain number made since they were only made for Guitar Center's 36th anniversary?

Re: DKGC36 Guitar Center 36th Anniversary Dinky

yep made in Japan [there's a sticker right there by the neck plate] not sure on price , probably costly cause they are limited . //Steve

Comment

Saw them priced new at GC around $695 I remember... And you could prolly get a good discount off that.

Pretty cool guitar actually. Played nice.

Comment

I got mine for about five bills. It was pretty nice, but it was heavy (lacewood.) The only thing that indicated that it was a special "anniversary" model was the cheesy (and I mean cheesy)sticker on the trussrod cover. It read something to the effect of "Guitar Center 36th Anniversary" and was white writing on a clear sticker.

Pickups were horrible.

But, it was a pretty guitar.

Comment

This one is not that heavy. WAY lighter than a Les Paul. Its about as heavy as my USA SL1 to be honest. The pickups are just stock Duncan designed humbucker and 2 Duncan designed hotrails so they sound about the same in this guitar as any other guitar I have ever heard them in! lol No sticker on my truss rod cover (must have been removed) but it is DEFINITELY the DKGC36 model.

Comment

The truss rod cover should be engraved "Guitar Center 36th Anniversary" Mine is. you sure that "sticker" isnt just the plastic film thats used on the plastic as a scratch protector when its new? Yes the lettering should be white cus it's engraved in the black to the white layer of a b/w/b plastic. They should be worth around 300-400 US used currently. I believe they were limited to about 200. Same with the DKMGGC37. although those are worth about 100-200 more because they have a higher list. Hope this helps.
            Gil

Comment

Working...
            X