***PICS*** The "KING" is in the house & I have pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***PICS*** The "KING" is in the house & I have pics

Well I've been lamenting/complaining for a while now that I needed to bring the KV Pro home. Today was the day. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I have been playing it for the last 3 hours and it plays great. Definately the best import I have ever played.

Some info since it has been awhile.
    Serial # J401755
    Kahler APM3110 bridge, 2-volume, 1-tone, 3-way balde switch, Sharkfin inlays, pickups (lawrence XL500 & Jackson J92), neck & headstock binding, neckthru construction, black finish.

As stated this thing plays great & screams meeeeedly meeeeeee, but I think she needs some EMGs. It will be an 81 bridge & 89 neck. This neck is thin & fast, eventually it will be strung up with 9-46 guage strings. Good times! Just click on my webpage (in my signature) to see the pics.

[ February 08, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Hamner1 ]
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Re: ***PICS*** The "KING" is in the house & I have pics

Those are definatley GREAT guitars!

Comment

Good stuff, that is a kick ass guitar, and we do need pics!!!

Comment

Dude that is definately a great score! I have # J302189 and it is my favorite guitar even over my USA Soloist. That EMG 81 in the bridge will sound HUGE I have 81/85 in mine and love it! CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Pics soon!
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Thanks guys. Man the frets on the King are frickin narrow. I do not think i have seen frets that narrow before. I am certainly anxious to get the EMGs on this beast. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Damn the Jackson pickup has loads of gain, It comes very close to clipping the preamp in my rack. [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] When I do the swap I may just put the Jackson pickup in the Stealth and the Lawrence XL500 in the Charvette. Who knows we shall see.

On a side note, is there anyway to clean up the binding. Maybe I am just an idiot. The binding is a cream color, I thought maybe when it was new the binding was white, and I certainly would like to have the binding white. If not hey the guitar still kicks butt.

[ January 29, 2003, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Hamner1 ]
          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Sorry to say but that is not THE KING
            i have THE KING

Like Robbin Says the Dave Mustaine KV are like the Small dick V's

cool guitar but this is THE KING

Comment

That's not a king, THIS is a king!

There's one of your so-called Crosby kings hanging in the GC in Arlington. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, I should point out just in case anyone gets pissed or anything that if I had the money it sure as hell wouldn't be left hanging in a GC for very long. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[ January 29, 2003, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Black Mariah ]

Comment

Ouch Sid beats down Hamner1. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ok I will concede that yes you have the "KING" Sid. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                I was refering to the name King V Pro (just shortened it up = the King). Basically I just give names to my guitars that work for me and are not to innovative (kind of like my playing [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) examples: DXMG = the Dinky, Hamer Sunburst-Archtop = the Purpleburst, King V Pro = the King

Taunting... hey this could get ugly

[ January 29, 2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Hamner1 ]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                  There's one of your so-called Crosby kings hanging in the GC in Arlington. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
                  Oh yeah, I should point out just in case anyone gets pissed or anything that if I had the money it sure as hell wouldn't be left hanging in a GC for very long. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [/QB]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry Not there any more it is hanging on my wall [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[ January 29, 2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: JacksonShredder ]

Comment

Re: ***PICS*** The &quot;KING&quot; is in the house &amp; I have pics

Originally posted by Hamner1:
                    Ouch Sid beats down Hamner1. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ok I will concede that yes you have the "KING" Sid. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                    I was refering to the name King V Pro (just shortened it up = the King). Basically I just give names to my guitars that work for me and are not to innovative (kind of like my playing [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) examples: DXMG = the Dinky, Hamer Sunburst-Archtop = the Purpleburst, King V Pro = the King

Taunting... hey this could get ugly
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] no ill words
                    enjoy the guitar

[ January 29, 2003, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: JacksonShredder ]

Comment

Well I have enjoyed the guitar, infact the DXMG & the Hamer have not been used since I got this guitar. Well I seem to have a slight problem with some of my pics. My webpage has the pic of the whole guitar, but I also took some closeups & scanned them all to 1 picture, but my page will not upload the pic. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

If anyone can host the pic I will e-mail it to you.

[img] http://members.aol.com/hamner1/images/d's%20king%20v%20pro.jpg [/img]

[ February 08, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Hamner1 ]

Comment

I'm pretty sure the binding is cream from the beginning. I like it.

Comment

Sorry guys I didn't mention the link in my previous post. I tried to get the pic to show up in the post and it didn't, but the link is there and will show the picture in a new window without having to go to my webpage. As soon as I can get the other pics loaded I will post those links as well.

Hey thanks Word. I should have thought that about the binding, but I am brain-dead some days. I just like the look of white binding, but hey its got binding and that is the most important thing (as far as asthetics).

Comment

Working...
                          X