RR Professional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Professional

anyone got some specs on this one? i've found a pretty nice one, neck-through, EMG 81 in the bridge and shaller floyd, that's all i know. it looks just like the red one on the gallerypage.

Re: RR Professional

There have been at least three versions of the Rhoads Pro neck through Jackson. The originals (from 1990 through about 1994) were simply known as the Rhoads Pro. They were maple neck through body guitars with poplar sides, 22 fret necks on ebony fingerboards, mother of pearl logo and sharkfin inlays, active Jackson electronics, JT-590 Schaller trem, and three control knobs on the pickguard. Very, very high quality instruments that rivaled the USA ones of the era. By 1994 the pickups were uncovered and the truss rod covers began to say "Rhoads Pro" but the model remained the same. Also during this time the "Standard" came out. It was a neck through but had dot inlay, rosewood board, passive pickups/electronics, JT-580 trem, and no pearl inlays. The RR-5 is the modern Pro version which is a string through with gold hardware. All three are nice, but the first are the finest of the series.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I just aquired a Rhoads Pro save a few dings in the paint, it is every bit as good as the USA's I've played. It's got ebony, binding, nice big frets, beautiful inlays and a realy good schaller trem. It will be my main guitar once I give it a tune-up. I love this guitar and I wish there were more professionals like this floating around cause the new professionals just dont' even compare.

I've only seen them in black and white though....

[ January 28, 2003, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: ranalli ]

Comment

The import neck-thru RR's? They also came in red and (I think but am not 100% sure) yellow.

Comment

You could get em in Ferrari Red, Black, Pearl Yellow, Pearl Yellow with black bevels, Snow White Pearl with black bevels, and Radiant Red with black bevels.
          Joe's got a Pearl Yellow with black bevels.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

great, thank you. this is the axe;

Comment

Pearl Yellow:

Radiant Red Pearl w/ Black Bevels:

Metallic Black:

Midnight Black:

Snow White Pearl w/ Black Bevels:

Comment

And yellow with black bevels:

Comment

i actually own the RR5 as well so this one (above) would be nice.

[ January 29, 2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Melander ]

Comment

Joe, I LIKE that yellow with black bevels!
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

This is mine:
                      it has 'Reflex' pickups which sound awesome

Comment

I have a '91 Ferrari Red one, they are definately class axes.

Comment

Aww, its killing me...Two more days and that white with black bevels beauty should be in my hands, thanks to Joe C. I cant wait
                          Cheers [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool looking guitars!

I'm waitin' on a trtip to Miami to get my RR1 (the one I bought from Pat), the wait is killing me guys.

Congratz on yours. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[ February 10, 2003, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: kuerbo ]
                            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by kuerbo:
                              Very cool loking guitars!

I'm waitin' on a trtip to Miami to get my RR1 (the one I bought from Pat), the waiting is killing me guys.

Congratz on yours. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The EDS Rhoads? [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Man, that is one of the coolest looking EDS finishes I've ever seen.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X